FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at the local dealer, outside. Wow, what a beauty! I wanted to sit on it but the one salesman (owner) was with a customer. I thought it may have been someone's but the key was in it, how many leave their bikes at the dealer with the key in it? It sure was nice.

I am selling my 05 CBC ABS GW and as soon as I do I want to get the new fjr.

Mike

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Baker Boys Yamaha in OKC is getting another bike in (just sold their last one) in Aug. They are getting a clutchless bike in also. The owner said he will not haggle on the price of those two since it costs him money to get it, something about losing interest. He said he will deal on a PDP bike but not the ones he gets in, those will go for MSRP. I want one real bad. I'm just afraid that after I do the next year's model will be red, have 6 gears and a factory cruise.

Mike

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hey Pro, don't expect any mechanical upgrades for a while. Yamaha is convinced they have her perfected now. Looking for a good long run.
And as far as red goes....one could only hope!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rocketdoc said:
Hey Pro, don't expect any mechanical upgrades for a while. Yamaha is convinced they have her perfected now. Looking for a good long run.
And as far as red goes....one could only hope!
Then I guess I need to get off my butt, sell my wing and get the fjr. Someone at the honda dealership took my number when I told him I was selling. Maybe I get sell and get the one baker boys are getting in Aug.

Mike

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
pronomian said:
Then I guess I need to get off my butt, sell my wing and get the fjr.
Now you're talkin! Unless you're into the "motorcycle as RV" thing, you'll really like the FJR. A very sporty alternative for touring at high speed, no matter the type of road.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gr8eyes said:
Hi, Proman, I've got bad news for you unless you're interested in the electric clutch model. They sold the standard bike last week.

Glenn
Yep, saw that one the day they sold it, that bike made me want to sell the goldwing and get an fjr.

They will be getting another clutch model in Aug for the floor. I saw the dealer's paper on it. It will be sold non negotiable at MSRP. He did say he would haggle on the price of a PDP model, but could not gaurantee when it will come it. When I sell the wing I'll be talking to the texarkana dealer also.

Mike

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
20valves said:
pronomian said:
Then I guess I need to get off my butt, sell my wing and get the fjr.
Now you're talkin! Unless you're into the "motorcycle as RV" thing, you'll really like the FJR. A very sporty alternative for touring at high speed, no matter the type of road.
Wife hates the wing when there is even a hint of a breeze, let alone the massive cross winds they have here in OK. I bought the wing for her so we can ride two up since she will not go near the boss hoss in the summer. She loves the hoss when the temps are nice, she sits almost level and close behind me, I block the wind. That is one reason it gets so hot for the passenger.

Now I want the fjr so she can sit close and hold on to me (she likes that idea also, that is on thing she misses when riding the hoss). If she doesn't like it, oh well, she'll have to wait for the temps to drop to ride two up.

Mike

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
gr8eyes said:
Ah well I'm about 5 miles south of you. I've got a custom bike for sale up at cowpies.

Glenn
Ever go to Thunder Cycles on Memorial Road in Edmond? They have a bike they built for a customer for his dad. It has an "Indian Larry" look to it. Thunder said they are going to built about 5 more like it (but for the bars, which have to be raised so the turning radius will be less), and sell them for 19.9. Wish I had the bucks, I'd put my order in for one.

Mike

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
gr8eyes said:
Yeah, ate there about 3 weeks ago. Good food,nice looking bikes. They sell the big dogs there I think.

If you are ever in cowpies my bike is the purple/green/blue Royal Star. You'll only be able to tell by the 4 pipes coming out the back.

Glenn
I'll check it out, I just live down the road from there, prolly no more that a couple miles and just off 66.

Mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts