FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the new hugger for my '05 from Free Street Design. The price was $289.00 for the Galaxy Blue version (Franck said that there was an additional charge for the blue one over the silver one) plus $30.00 shipping to ship to the USA. They were easy to deal with, even calling me directly since I didn't have international calling on my cell phone. It is supposed to be here in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know when it comes in and post some pics.

·
Registered
632 Posts
HOW MUCH ??????

Huggers over here in the UK run at about £40 or $70......

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is more expensive than some of the plastic huggers I've seen, but seems to be of higher quality plus it's made of fiberglass. I had one of the plastic ones on my Sprint ST, but it ended up cracking around the mounting points. I replaced it with a carbon Fiber hugger which was around $350.00 plus shipping. I'll let you know when I get it and get it on the bike whether I think this one is worth it or not.

·
Registered
122 Posts
gainsi said:
Has your FSD hugger arrived yet, & if so, any thoughts or photos ?
I ordered mine last week, Franck said it would be shipped this Monday. I opted for the unpainted black, since that area is generally covered with road crap within a few mins of riding so didn't see the point of dropping another 100 euros on the paint. Also bought a front fender extender. Will post some pics once I receive and install the parts.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hugger

I received my Hugger from FSD on 6/21. I am going to use rubber spacers at the mounting points to prevent stress cracks. Also the front fender extender has double sided tape to mount it. I am going to remove the tape and epoxy it on. I am leaving all black. The hugger will blend quite well and I think it will look great.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Re: Snooze ya loose

HIGHLANDER said:
http://www.fjrowners.ws/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1653
Guess you guys missed the group buy I put on last month ?? Bummer Eh !!
Yes a real downer, I saw the post about two days late and contacted Franck to see if I could still get in on the GB, but no luck. :cry:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts