FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local dealer just received the new Ducati S4Rs and it's a beauty. 998cc 130 hp engine, ohlins suspension, radial brembo brakes, marchesini wheels and it looks great. Gotta have one, but I have to convince the wife of the benefits of a second bike. Especially, one that makes no common sense. :D

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Not interested. No electric shift. 8)

:)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
next bike

That's another thread. We don't want no stinkin electric shifters.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Does anyone know how to modify a standard 06 with the electric shift? I would really like to upgrade my bike to the electric thumb flicker.

Just kiddin.... :ale: :mrgreen:
Bryon
06 FJR-A

·
Registered
16 Posts
number2 said:
My local dealer just received the new Ducati S4Rs and it's a beauty. 998cc 130 hp engine, ohlins suspension, radial brembo brakes, marchesini wheels and it looks great. Gotta have one, but I have to convince the wife of the benefits of a second bike. Especially, one that makes no common sense. :D
I share your pain. I came within a hair of justifying (to myself) buying the new S2R1000 because it was $5000 less yet it looks essentially identical to the S4R. That thing is drop-dead beautiful, elegant, especially in person and the reviews I've seen have been very positive! I eventually came to my senses (air cooled, few dealers, more engine than I need, old prejudice against Italian engineering, already have a streetfighter-type bike, etc. etc.) and just put racing stripes and bar-end mirrors on my SV650, which is a hoot to ride and for me is more than enough bike as a stablemate to the FJR. I suppose I could sell the SV650....

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
next bike

The S4Rs is water cooled and yes it do cost a lot of $. $15000

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re: next bike

number2 said:
The S4Rs is water cooled and yes it do cost a lot of $. $15000
Right...the S2R 1000 has the same frame and looks essentially identical but with the 1000DS engine (arguably a better engine for the street, but air cooled nevertheless) and downgraded suspension (but still pretty decent Showa and Sachs). MSRP is only $9995. The "downgraded" bike is probably way more than I need for playing in traffic on the streets of Miami! Our twisties are expressway ramps. The S4Rs would be total overkill, but what a bike!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts