FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How may '06 riders do we have in the UK ?

Me for one.

Alan

·
Registered
218 Posts
I know of 3 more.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was just curios about how well they are selling over here. It seems that supply is not an issue like it seems to be in the USA.

·
Registered
28 Posts
UK 06 Owners

Count me in,2500miles so far,another 500 this weekend.Apart from it cutting out and having the TPS changed its brilltant. :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
UK 06 Owners

Count me in,2500miles so far,another 500 this weekend.Apart from it cutting out and having the TPS changed its brilltant. :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gr8eyes said:
Alan you are teasing with us again aren't you? :? :D

You know all about the PDP program here, correct?
:?
Glenn :mrgreen:
Nope - what's that? All I see is posts saying "pick mine up in August" etc. I phoned up to order mine on a Monday and picked it up on Friday !!!

Alan

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
gr8eyes said:
The short answer- we don't have bikes on the floor. You have to order the bike through your dealer and the bike arrives 5-7 months later.

Some dealers may order an extra bike or 2 then sell it off the floor but thats not the practice Momma Yamaha would like to see.

Glenn
How weird. No-one in the UK would ever buy a bike that way - we are far too impatient. My dealer had two in stock and 3 available in his warehouse (takes a few days to get them out).

·
Registered
74 Posts
alan sh said:
How weird. No-one in the UK would ever buy a bike that way - we are far too impatient. My dealer had two in stock and 3 available in his warehouse (takes a few days to get them out).
I agree Alan. I get the feeling the dealers/Yamaha in the States take the potential owners for a ride. Take your deposits, sit on them making interest for a few months and then expect you to be gratefull when the bike turns up. They'd soon be out of business in the UK or Europe! :p
It's noticable here that dealers who don't hold an FJR (or any other particular bike) in stock tend to end up selling very few of that model. :shock:

ps. I have 2 friends with '06 bikes. Both ordered and delivered in one week. (different dealers)

·
Registered
81 Posts
A Friend walked into our Local Yamaha Dealer here in Poole and liked the look of the 06 model on the shop floor.
Asked about a deal for cash and got some extras thrown in.
Rode the bike away the next day
less than 24 hours from seeing the bike to owning it :D

But like he said if they didn't have one or wouldn't do a deal on the extras then he would of gone to another dealer.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Richie, its not the dealers who are marketing the bike this way, its Yamaha corporate.

There are definitely some negatives to the system,but there are also some positives. You can deal on the price just like you can if its on the floor. The resale tends to remain quite high relative to its peers as well.

Glenn

Now that the U.S. models have caught up with the rest of the world we recieved the 06 model about the same time everyone else did. The only difference now is we have to know we want one 6 months before you do. :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts