FJR Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
just bought an excop bike a 2014 model and I envy the red color you guys get over there.
just joined to trying to find an area to ask questions, i have a couple of questions electrical stuff
cheers and keep safe

·
Registered
187 Posts
Welcome and post up pics!

Curious what an Aussie cop FJR looks like....

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi all,
just bought an excop bike a 2014 model and I envy the red color you guys get over there.
just joined to trying to find an area to ask questions, i have a couple of questions electrical stuff
cheers and keep safe
Congrats and welcome.
You could always use Vinyl Wraps. You can get custom colors and thicknesses. I have watched people wrap bikes without pulling Plastics. That way cover cosmetic damages and protect from road debris at the same time. Living in Colorado the Climate destroys all sorts of Synthetics. Some Vinyl Wraps have been running strong 5 years in full exposure (no garage)! I myself am looking at doing the same just cause I'm too cheep to buy new plastics.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol love your honesty
I have heard of the vinyl wraps but I cant spray for crap lol

·
Registered
132 Posts
lol love your honesty
I have heard of the vinyl wraps but I cant spray for crap lol
I don't have the patience for bondo and body work. I tried spraying when I was in Wyotech many moons ago; that's when i realized i was not a body guy. Watch some videos on Wrapping vinyl. I would do window tint and sound systems when I was a kid "16-23" but its not Vinyl. You can do cheap vinyl to practice with and then finally do your work or you can do what I am going to do "Lazy" and pay someone that has the patience.

Besides if you have to run from the fuz you can always tear it off and change it (if you get away)!!

·
Registered
244 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Is that downhill with a tail wind running high octane gas during high tide and a full moon?

All of these things might make a difference.
Well yes!!! Colorado Altitude has less air means less friction. You do need to be going down hill. Always high octane with no ethanol. Sticky throttle. Low Oil. Bald Dark Side. Tail wind. over inflated Tires. And Some ones Virgin on the back!

OHH don't forget the Shrunken chicken head!

Only way I know how0:)0:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi all,
cheers and keep safe
Congratulations. We can feel your excitement. I hope your having good enough weather to ride.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi and yes maiden ride was weekend just gone, first was a brief but nice ride, Friday did only about 200kms, Saturday about 250 kms and sunday 400 odd kms, today was a little run on my own, just under 200 kms, been riding n Touring mode and got to about 430kms before put 3 litres in to get my to my petrol station near home. Strange as it started flashing the 'E' again and and counting down, when I went to fill it, only got 19.5 litres into it, E is supposed to flash when only 5 litres left. So that tells me I'd get 450kms being light on throttle etc.
Bikes a tad slow and heavier than my Z1000 ninja i just parted with and about same as the k1200lt i also let go of. Just gotta get cruise control to work now.

Reactions: Padre

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi and yes maiden ride was weekend just gone, first was a brief but nice ride, Friday did only about 200kms, Saturday about 250 kms and sunday 400 odd kms, today was a little run on my own, just under 200 kms, been riding n Touring mode and got to about 430kms before put 3 litres in to get my to my petrol station near home. Strange as it started flashing the 'E' again and and counting down, when I went to fill it, only got 19.5 litres into it, E is supposed to flash when only 5 litres left. So that tells me I'd get 450kms being light on throttle etc.
Bikes a tad slow and heavier than my Z1000 ninja i just parted with and about same as the k1200lt i also let go of. Just gotta get cruise control to work now.
I will get some crazy numbers when I start playing math quiz on my fuel consumption. Took me a while to get comfortable passing gas stations that were primary on other stallions.
Totally understandable of the accel and weight difference between your last 2.
You like math check your power to weight between the k1200 and the FJR. You will be surprised. Now that's not to say you didn't get really good on stop light reactions. There is a reason why I still will not look at a new bike when it comes to the pure numbers. There was a video I watched about a a older bike on a knuckle head stripped and clapped chopper destroying a street bike in a drag race. There is a classic where a chopper decided to show up a couple sports on a twisty road. Not that I condone that type of violence on tires but it does help put perspective for big mouth ""RIDERS'' that like talking on job sites.
long story short I carry a spare key on my right wrist to check my fuel visually at stop lights.
Its about the individual and the bike and style of riding that changes the butt Gyros.
Power to weight doesn't mean anything when the gearing and rider are correct!
Knees to the wind and eyes up is all that matter to me!
Enjoy!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts