FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been riding all my life. Mostly racing dirt bikes last couple years. Owned a BMW-650 back in the early 80s. Just bought a used, but cherry, 2005 FJR1300 in USA.
Any advice on mechanical checkouts, must-have mods etc. would be greatly appreciated. I promise to pass something on once I have learned.
Bike already has tail light mod, extended windshield and rear bag.

·
Registered
425 Posts
change the oil..top the tank...put some clothes in the bags....take off for a week and enjoy the rush.......have fun

·
Registered
177 Posts
Fenda Extenda for the front mudguard, stainless steel radiator guard, GPS, then jump on it and ride it. Worked for me. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Where to start?!
Just ride it. Ride it as much as you can.
After that you'll learn by yourself the triks of the beast or if you need any farkle.
Maybe not: just the drive to ride your FJR more and more :wink:

·
Registered
53 Posts
PCIII, Put a 1,000 miles on mine after install. :lol: Wish I hadn't waited 10,000 mile before getting one. :( Sounds great with out cat's also. Nice deep tone even with stock cans. Have fun!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Jeeech I get such a rush when I ride this bike, and I know you will get the same feeling like grinning all the time. Just don't let it get away from you. Farkles are a matter of choice.ride safe 8)

·
Super Moderator
3,954 Posts
The only real protective items that make sense out of the gate are sliders and something to protect the radiator.

R&G or Moko for the sliders
A radiator guard and, for the belt-and-suspendies people, a fenda extenda

For self preservation, replacing the OEM horns with a pair of Magnum Blasters can help wake up the inattentive cagers.

Everything else you might want to add is subjective. Put some miles on the bike and only do those changes you think are worthwhile.

·
Registered
62 Posts
bounce said:
For self preservation, replacing the OEM horns with a pair of Magnum Blasters can help wake up the inattentive cagers.
quote]

Now you're talkin'! :wink:
I've got a horn harness here with your name on it, Jeff.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Sliders bolted in, throw a leg over and ride it like you stole it. Be ready for the big rush as your tach climbs over 5,000 rpm. Have fun, ride safe.
When you get back, then think about the other farkles you NEED.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ride, enjoy, REPEAT....ride, enjoy, REPEAT...as much as you can :D 8) ....than farkle as you wish

1 - 11 of 11 Posts