FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
161 - 180 of 200 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 ES
1,614 Posts
Same here. He called the day he received it, flashed it, and sent it back.
Same here, make sure you answer that (845) area code. Ivan is a real stand up guy, he won't flash until he speaks with you. The day he receives your ecpu, talks to you, flashes, and out the same day. Fed-Ex must love him. He should setup shop at the Fed-Ex facility. :wink2:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I know mentioned somewhere in this thread is the fact that the cold startup rpms have been increased with the flash. I spoke with Ivan and he explained that it is a byproduct of advancing the timing a bit.

I was concerned that the rpms would go to 2k on a cold start but he assured me that it wont decrease the life of the motor at all. On old carbureted bikes, when you choke it and start it up, the rpms may shoot up to 4-5k initially, before you’d back off the choke and the bikes ran forever.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,621 Posts
That first second or two of the engine turning over primes the oil system and it starts pressurizing, milliseconds later it is at full pressure, oil everywhere it needs to be..... not that it drained out of all the bearing clearances anyway...
2000 isn't a problem, I think normal fast idle is 15-1600

Reactions: DesertBike

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Well, if I could get 50 mpg, less vibration, less jerkiness, cooler running, I would find a way to buy the dang thing and put the 89 octane in it. I am eagerly awaiting the Gen. 2 one to come out and for several of you to buy it and test it out. LOL
Unfortunately, the Corona Virus made me quit work {71 years old, heart disease and diabetes, LOL} so I have to wait.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
Just don't forget to send in the form from his site. I forgot and it caused a delay.

I never understood why he makes it cold idle so high. Mine would jump to 4000 on a cold morning. No way that's good for it.

·
Registered
2013 FJR1300A, 2003 FZ1 "Bee"
774 Posts
Just don't forget to send in the form from his site. I forgot and it caused a delay.

I never understood why he makes it cold idle so high. Mine would jump to 4000 on a cold morning. No way that's good for it.
Is that normal for the "reflash"....... warming up at cruising RPM ???

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,621 Posts
Perhaps ask him... 4000 sounds high, I had not heard of greater than 2000. The increased rpm is due to the slight timing advance, but I don't think it should be 4000. Theorizing only.... perhaps there is a TPS adjustment that can be made so the ECU sees a lower/higher throttle plate opening number... but I'd give Ivan a call and get his opinion... maybe he'd be willing to re-adjust???.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Well, it's not for mine. Mine goes to 2000 at start up and drops pretty quickly.
I agree. That is exactly what mine does. Goes to around 2K at start up then drops pretty fast and runs smoothly at idle. Actually I can't tell much difference before or after the flash other than a slightly smoother idle.

·
Registered
2016 ES gun metal silver
102 Posts
I suspect he'll alienate the majority of potentials by requiring higher octane. That being said, he claims to fix a lot of the numbness in the throttle I very much dislike.

Ivan's Performance Products
Hi folks, I’m considering the reflash on my 2016 ES. I’m not sure I’m reading the dyno charts properly. Is the HP at the rear wheel or at the crank?

·
Premium Member
2016 FJR1300AK
237 Posts
Hi folks, I’m considering the reflash on my 2016 ES. I’m not sure I’m reading the dyno charts properly. Is the HP at the rear wheel or at the crank?
Ivan's dyno figures and just about every dyno figure I've ever seen show the values at the wheel. It's been said to add about 12-20% more for power at the crank.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,621 Posts
Interesting you say it's annoying.... I thought the Gen3 to be pretty good. If you want annoying, go for a ride on a stock '06-'07, lol.

161 - 180 of 200 Posts