FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear FJR Owners,

After replenishing our stock, we discovered that the black powdercoating on the most recent batch of bar ends was defective. It was flaking off with even the slightest contact.

Our regular powdercoating guy had lost his oven and other equipment due to some mechanical issues. The newest batch was done by a new outfit, so I guess there is a bit of a learning curve when you're powdercoating dense stainless parts.

We have sent them all back to be redone, and we've been assured that they will be done correctly this time. I've even consulted with my old powdercoater to make this happen.

So... I've disabled the "black powdercoat" option on our website for the time being. We hope to get them all back within a weeks time.

If for any reason anybody got one of the defective ones, please email us and we'll make it right.

Thanks,
HVMP

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep. Confirmed with powdercoater that the parts were undercured. We're fixing it and hope to have black parts available hopefully by the end of the week.

Thanks for your patience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.