FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've going to have a look at a 53 plate abs model with 15000 miles on the clock, top box, heated grips, taller screen, the chap is looking for £6500, do you think this is a good price? or is there room for haggling? forgot to mention it looks like the 04 model ie the flush mounted front indicators and is the dark silver colour.

Ta muchly

coppertop

·
Registered
124 Posts
You'd need to haggle - matter of principle etc.

At 15k the rear shock will be sh$gged, so you might want to part fund that.

Not a bad price though ......

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the answers.

Kerry I'm personally not so sure that parkers is a good guide, I don't know what others think.

One big bike shop offered me £2000 part ex for my 02 fazer with just under 12000 on the clock against a brand new fjr, parkers puts it at £2500, and it's immaculate, you ask speatuk. Oh and by the way the shop said it was high mileage :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
is this a good price

I have just had my 2002 FJR valued by dealer and was told its worth £4000 tops due to the high mileage 44,000 miles and fact its an import .
was hoping for £5000 myself

·
Registered
29 Posts
$13000 canadian equivelant is one great deal

Well i paid 19000 for mine new , then i spent $2200 for heat grips tall shield and back box and rest notm tp mention the 14.5 percent gst/pst
And if i was going to sell i would ask 25000 cause mine dont tick.

·
Registered
29 Posts
PS you cant buy anythong like this machine not even close

a harley with out any chrome is 25000
suzuki i garbage i got one o those gsxr 1100 its like tin foil
honda is ok but they dont have the market share.
kawi is to heavy

make my point
the fjr dont have a clutck lever mean is the value of 05 and 04 just went up 25%

·
Registered
141 Posts
Re: is this a good price

niel said:
I have just had my 2002 FJR valued by dealer and was told its worth £4000 tops due to the high mileage 44,000 miles and fact its an import .
was hoping for £5000 myself
damn what does that make my 2001 with 70000 on it?
just as well it still runs well.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
About £3500 if you wanted to buy it from a dealer Ian, but if you're selling to him ???? :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
is this a good price

Daftlad i hate to think how much yours is worth its never as much as we think .

Will be selling mine shortly anyway as after 20 years on bikes have decided to learn to drive a car :!:
so once test passed its by by FJR hello Toyota Yaris
prob get the new FJR in a couple of years

·
Registered
141 Posts
You know I do waver every so often and think maybe I should get a new 'un but the fact is the old bike still does everything I want - still pulls like a train, doesn't use a drop of oil and when I can be fussed polishes up a treat.

But the real reason I don't get a new one is I don't want the dealer to touch it - they just don't take as much care as you do with your own bike do they?

BTW I had the camchain tensioner off at the weekend (something to do) fiddly job, but pleased as punch that despite the mileage (it was replaced very early in the bikes life) the operation of it was as smooth as silk. It really is a very simple design, spring, shaft and thread and very little to go wrong with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts