FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm quite close to ordering a new saddle. Had decided on a Sargent. Just for kicks I visited the Corbin site and see they offer a seat I've never seen before. Other than their Canyon. The link calls it Front/Rear. It looks pretty cool. Have I been out of it and this one has been around for a while? Anyone try this seat yet?

http://www.corbin.com/yamaha/yfjr13_mod.shtml

MRG

·
Registered
721 Posts
Was developed same time they launched the smuggler

·
Registered
25 Posts
Corbin saddle

Hi you all

Does anyone know if I can use my Corbin Canyon Dual sport from FJR -04 on a FJR -06?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Re: smuggler lock set

n7myr said:
Does anyone know if we can use the spare lock set that comes with the bike on the smuggler?
No you can't it comes with its own lock installed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought th new Corbin front seat with Smuggler. Both pieces look good ... the seat is especially nice. Well shaped, well made and fits perfectly. Subject to a long ride (it's winter here in Alberta, Canada) I'd say it's a big improvement over the stock seat which I didn't like.

·
Registered
58 Posts
hoppy said:
I bought th new Corbin front seat with Smuggler. Both pieces look good ... the seat is especially nice. Well shaped, well made and fits perfectly. Subject to a long ride (it's winter here in Alberta, Canada) I'd say it's a big improvement over the stock seat which I didn't like.
I had a Corbin for my '92 FJ and loved it. Of course I'll give the stock seet a try when I get my '06 but I like the look of the new Corbin with the smuggler.

So a few questions for you.

How much space is in the smuggler?
How does it look in person?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Corbin seat from Yamaha

Warning! If you have an 06 FJR do not order the seat that Yamaha has in it's catalog or website as it doesn't fit! I Picked mine up today, for a mere $630.00 only to find it won't fit! I immediately called Corbin and they informed me that the seat for the 06 is under developement and won't be released until the end of June or July. It would be nice if Yamaha had done their homework!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Nomad said:
so Question:

Does the Corbin seat on the FJR 01 - 05 models fit the 06 FJR?
And the answer is.................NO!!!!

The 2006 seat has different latching points. The change was due to the adjustability of the seat height.

Mel

·
Registered
11 Posts
Experience

No Nomad, Experience is what you get when you DON'T read the posting the Yamaha dealer's manual still lists the seat as an 06 option.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
But has anyone tried the modular seat on the pre-2006 models? Not the Canyon but the modular unit. I'm really interested in feedback, especially for distance riding. Don't need the seat to be perfect, just better than stock. Subjectively, how much better is this seat than stock and how does it compare to the Sargent?

I see in the modular you can choose different color leather seating material. I was thinking about going with navy blue to compliment the blue of my baby.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts