Fjrowners.com banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Top 8 Discontinued bikes of 2021

I have not done any research. I do recall another member starting a discussion a while back, but then again. It seems the question gets raised every couple of years.

Have at it guys.

·
Registered
98 Posts
There is a huge thread on this. The FJR was thought to be finished last year due to Euro 5 legislation. It could be that they are still on sale as they did not sell all of them in 2020, if you want a shaft drive bike in the future it means BMW.

·
Registered
455 Posts
In the video the guy only refers only to the "A" model of the FJR not the ES.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
There is a huge thread on this. The FJR was thought to be finished last year due to Euro 5 legislation. It could be that they are still on sale as they did not sell all of them in 2020, if you want a shaft drive bike in the future it means BMW.
Or Moto Guzzi, or Honda, or Ural.

Reactions: JJDBA

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
In the video the guy only refers only to the "A" model of the FJR not the ES.
James,

I agree; from what I have seen, the FJR1300 ES model will be available, but no others.

Of course, there's no telling if even that much is correct, until Yamaha says it.
Their website shows the ES, but no information so far about the A.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Top 8 Discontinued bikes of 2021

I have not done any research. I do recall another member starting a discussion a while back, but then again. It seems the question gets raised every couple of years.

Have at it guys.
He said the FJR 1300A was going away, however what about the FJR 1300ES?

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
No indication that the fjr is being discontinued in the US. If it ever is, I’ll switch to a Teneré or voyager.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The FJR 1300 and the Super Tenere 1200 do not meet Euro 5 regulations and cannot be sold (as new bikes) in any of the 27 EU countries after the 1st January 2021.

I presume the existing stock will be diverted into non EU markets to clear them.

·
Premium Member
3,250 Posts
If true, no surprise. The S-T market is a niche market. The handwriting was on the wall when Honda bailed and discontinued the ST and NT back in (about) 2010.

If the -A goes away, there is no reason to produce the -ES for Europe. They are based on the same platform.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Just checked the Yamaha website and the 2021 model ES in liquid Graphite is listed. No personal interest in a Nikken or Tracer GT, while I have ridden the Nikken and it did ride nice I just look at all the clap trap in the front end and just a maintenance nightmare, Along with a higher than fjr price, no thanks, my opinion. The Tracer GT I rode in 2019 was the same or slightly more expensive than the fjr and to me really felt unfinished. Less power, less wind protection and more vibration along with a seat that’s worse than the oe fjr and that was the optional touring seat, it just sucked ! No thanks !

Once my 2014 is deemed to heavy & no longer needed, I plan to just ride my much lower Cg antiques until can’t ! Old Age is a bitch ! Enjoy while you can !

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was talking to my dealer this week. Their 2021 FJR models ordered are being shipped. They have been advised they cannot order 2022 models. According to him 2021 is the last year Yamaha will make the bike for Canada. As we only have the ES model it goes beyond the A model. Time will tell if that is true or not.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I was talking to my dealer this week. Their 2021 FJR models ordered are being shipped. They have been advised they cannot order 2022 models. According to him 2021 is the last year Yamaha will make the bike for Canada. As we only have the ES model it goes beyond the A model. Time will tell if that is true or not.
I would be very surprized if Yamaha continued to build the FJR if they cant be sold in Europe. Just cant see it being viable for a bike that already isn't a big seller.

Other alternatives out there.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Didn’t we do this once already? FJR does not meet EU5 emisssons so it is done there hence the “final” or “ultimate” or whatever they call it edition. It will probably continue here for a year or two anyway. What did Mr Twain say? “the reports of my demise have been grossly exaggerated”.

·
Registered
146 Posts
My Yamaha/Honda/ktm dealer hasn't bought a display model to put on the floor for the last 3 years - have to order it. And this is a large, multi location dealership that has been in business for 70 years.

·
Registered
215 Posts
The latest gearbox woes will be final nail in the fjr coffin I'd say. The 2015 5 speed was actually the Ultimate Edition, who knew..:)

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
When I bought my 14a in April of 2014 all of this speculation was rampant back then as well as every year since, I nearly didn’t buy my14 because it was going to be a discontinued model. Then there was the hoopla about an updated15 model year that was a 3 cyl 1500cc so I waited to see the exact same bike as my 14 except for paint color.

What’s the point here ? Well I personally would love to see the actual sales numbers for the fjr year to year because the only real competition is the beemers for a lot more money. The C14 was really obsolete a year or 2 after it was released and Kawasaki has done nothing at all to it since exceptbitch about it not selling,,,, Duhhhhh.

I would think that Yamaha would be smart enough to know that they pretty much own this niche market, I don’t see them discontinuing the fjr any time soon, although this 2nd gear recall thing is certainly put a dent in their reputation (Yamaha & the fjr) Time will tell, maybe 2022 will be the year for that 3cyl, 1500cc 7 speed Fjr intro,,,,, we’ll see.

Me for one, I have zero interest in a ADV bike, a too tall, heavy, under powered poser bike has zero appeal to me, but then again Yamaha doesn’t give 2 shites about my opinion, I’d buy a Harley first ! Think I’ll take a nap ����

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
With the advent of world wide lockdowns for a year and continuing for an unknown length of time Yamaha and many others have no idea what they are going to do in 2021/2022

Reactions: bounce

·
Registered
32 Posts
Are any sales numbers actually released? Do we know how many FJR's are sold vs Super Tenere sales for example?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts