FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My renewal is coming up and I've been quoted £700+ fully comp. :shock:
Anybody know of any good insurance companies at the moment, I know they change their prices like the wind but I think it's alot. It was £400 last year so can't see why it's so high..

·
Registered
185 Posts
Wow!!! you must have been a bad boy this year :?:
I'm with Carol Nash & paying less than half that, even with only 3 years no-claims discount.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Carole Nash also on the 'Omni' police which is car and bike all together.

You could also try www.ebikeinsurance.co.uk they quoted £149.10 fully comp, rider 48yrs but i deceided to stick with Carole Nash as with 2 trips abroad each year with the Eurpean breakdown cover more than covers the price.

Teejay

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm with Yamaha Insurance.

For the FJR and XJR, fully comp, both garaged and alarmed, full no claims for a 36 year old female £410.

Which I didn't think was too bad. Ebike wanted £570, Carol Nash £490, the most expensive quote I had was £700.

·
Registered
185 Posts
@Liz - so does clean living get you more discount, must remember to mention my monk like lifestyle at the next renawal :)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Switched to EBike last year

£146 with no voluntary excess (saved me £150 against Motorcycle Direct)

(Not worth having voluntary excess 'cos the lower premium is not worth it and the fixed excess goes up)

52 year old, no claims, but two convictions.

2001 bike with a sh.....t load of extras, all declared and included
(top box, panniers, Staintunes, Power Commander, Sat Nav, heated grips, non standard seat, plus other bling up to £500.) Datatool immobiliser, Datatag, Kryptonite lock/chains.
R&G protectors give you a further discount.
includes second bike, Honda Cub90.

I can't understand why some people do not benefit over their current insurers, must be the post code?.

·
Registered
103 Posts
E bike £250 fc with 3 years ncd 44 years old £250 excess, new owner previous bike 600 fazer, e bike included free breakdown and legal. Carole nash wanted 275 but 400 excess and I don't think I'll be going abroad this year, maybe next.

·
Registered
107 Posts
E bike saved me £100 last year compared with Carol Nash, so will need to take out breakdown cover for the trips over the Channel but will still be in pocket

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Kerry said:
For the FJR and XJR, fully comp, both garaged and alarmed, full no claims for a 36 year old female £410.
Kerry, that must be for your mum, then. I've seen piccies of you, and I don't think you look a day over 19 :wink:

·
Registered
185 Posts
David, you old smoothy!! Our Brit girls just arent that easy, you got to at least buy them a couple of babychams before they fall for a line like that :lol:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thank you David 8) :wink: :lol: I must be going backwards then cause at 19 someone told me I looked 36 - no seriously, needless to say he got a blackeye :lol: (I also don't know how old I am as I'm 35 - yesterday was a bad day :shock:)

Tony, Babycham :shock: never, pints of Guinness for me :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've just been looking at some quotes from EBike and was astonished to find the difference that items such as intercoms and GPS make.

Basic insurance for a 46 year old, 2 years NCB, 05 FJR and a voluntary excess of £300, is £255.

If I declare an intercom it goes to £268 (extra £13), Adding a GPS takes it to £295 (extra £26). Adding bar risers, back box etc just gets silly.

Anyone else aware of this? I'm assuming there are loads of people who fit these items and don't think to tell the insurance company as they don't perceive them as being significant. But I bet the insurance companies would use these undeclared items as an excuse to refuse payout.

They'll want us to declare stickers and tank protectors next!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
@Kerry...thats my girl... :ale:

Yeah Ebike saved me £105.00 with all declared.
Carole nash do not include helmet and leather cover now, on new policies, if you are not aware.

6 years NCD, FC, UK breakdown(inc accident assist) legal assist, helmet and leathers covered...all for £149...happy with that.

Reeso... :D

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
@ knnelg

As posted, mine has many thousands of extras declared but still cheap (2001 bike though)

Give them a ring and talk to them, very nice people, maybe you are missing something....

·
Registered
353 Posts
[email protected]
All these items you list are quiet expensive items. I mean you would not want to find out, that they are not covered in the event of an accident , would you.
You should also note that , if you declare you have R&Gs etc , you will pay less.
You know how insurance companies work. " Ah , well you din'nt tell us you had one of them on your bike... Sorry Sir you cant claim now"

Infact with what I saved , i could go out and buy a few add on's.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts