FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, had a few training ride-outs with my senior observer and took my test yesterday with a Police Class 1 examiner.

I PASSED!!!! Ya-hoo......

Who's a clever bunny then? Chuffed to bits. It was a birthday present from my wife, giving me a challenge.

It was bloody cold though, about 3 deg C.

[/img]
Have to get a new crash helmet though, my old one is too small now.... :lol:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Rabbit

What did you think then, are you any better?

It's all about getting your observations up, planning and anticipation.

Teejay
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and as my posts say
Keep it smooth, Keep it quick

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice one Rabbit.

I did mine a few years ago and it really did improve my riding. If you get chance, have a go at the ROSPA test as well, a little different with three levels of achievement to go for, well worth it as well.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Nice one. COngratulations.

Now, it is a given that about 50% of all IAM bikers have a crash within 3 months of passing - try not to join the statistic (I did).

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for your comments - did lose front end grip on one roundabout and gave me an arse clenching moment - but that was my fault wasn't it?.

Yeah Teejay, definitely better. I did four Bike Safes over the previous years which gave me an insight and improvement then. This time, I noticed on my social rides that I was thinking ahead and looking for hazards more and more - gave me more of a sense of achievement after the rides. Enjoyed them more over the last couple of months.

I may train as an observer yet, I don't know, or maybe ROSPA.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well done Rabbit.

If you get the chance to become an observer it's well worth it! It's surprising how you continue to develop by watching and helping others - I've been observing for a while now and I thorough enjoy and recommend it.

Ian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts