FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of us over on FJRForum.com have recently been able to score both "Low-Beam Only" and "High-Beam/Low-Beam" H4 HID kits at steep discounts.

Here's a link to a 5-page FJRTech article on the install ==> FJRTech: Installing the H4 HID kit in your FJR

Here are a couple photos from the article:

Hi-Beam/Lo-Beam Kit:

Low-Beam Only capsule:

Ballast and Ignitor installed in between the stock headlight assembly:

Comparing Low-Beams: factory halogen beamcast on top, 4300K HID beamcast on bottom

·
Registered
47 Posts
Warchilld
While they make a "Hi/Lo-beam" kit, the Hi-beam ain't cutting the mustard.
Do you know any other company's or alternatives for a "Hi/Lo-beam" kit I didn't really want to mount separate lamps BUT there might be no other way to improve my Hi beam. Could you recommend any small but high power output lamps, while keeping the watts down.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seattleuk said:
Warchilld
Could you recommend any small but high power output lamps, while keeping the watts down.
This HID aux light kit is getting a lot of attention lately and may be just what you're looking for.

http://www.xenondepot.com/product.php?product_id=62

Mind you, they're still fairly spendy, and I haven't seen them in action myself, but the specs are very, very interesting. They only consume 84-watts combined.... just like the $700 PHIDs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts