Fjrowners.com banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Allrider, when I took mine apart, I didn't see any evidence of anything up there getting wet, but yes take precautions. The fairings are such that water slips over all the joints pretty well, however you can take a piece of plastic bag and cover your work, tape or zip tie it on, good to go.
If you take the nose piece off again in the future look at how the air enters and where it goes. Even better hit it with the hose then take the section off you will see what i mean.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Original Question

Hi All,

I appreciated your thoughts and efforts to help me with getting the Smart Turn System installed. I wish I had the energy to do all that is needed to install this STS solution but I just don't have the toughness to do it especially thinking of what do I do if it doesn't go well. So if there is an installer or mechanic who has done it before on at least one FJR and wants the job, please let me know. I do appreciate it may seem an easy task to all your awesome FJR owner's.

Thanks,
Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
I don't think TwoWheelObsession ever installed the STS system on his FJR1300. He has a video of installing it on his FZ09, and a video exploring the steps needed to install it on the FJR1300.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just installing the ST2 and looking for a location other than the ones currently utilised.
the black metal part shown in the attached photograph (support member holding the headlight/dash etc) has a place under it that fits the ST2 snuggly. I intend on zip tying as well. Does anyone see any issues with this?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
I was in the same boat as you, I didn't like those other spots that others had. I ended up exactly where you circled. You just have to trim a little back of the bottom black dash cowling with an exacto knife carefully so you don't cut yourself. It is a hidden area, so no one will see if you mess up. Very simple cutting, not much. No problem with stop to stop of bars.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation Jim. I take it that you placed yours on top of that black support? I intend on going underneath the support so should not need to trim the black dash cowling. Does that make sense?

TJ

21 - 29 of 29 Posts