FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ordered the new admore light bar tuesday afternoon got it before 10:30am today. Very simple install.

Photo's 1 & 2. Took the Reflectors off the stock tag bracket. Mounted admore bracket by using the stock license plate bolts & nuts just reversed (Nuts To The Front)

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

Photo 3
Mounted Bar to bracket added the washer for a cleaner look you don't need them.

Photo 3 & 4
Mounted to the end of the bracket to not interfere with stock license plate light.

Photo 5 Done with the mounting. Wiring to the harness took less time than mounting so you can see its pretty simple.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
so how does it wire up?
I have the FJR Harness from Admore Lighting so its super simple. But even without the harness its simple..I got the harness because i also have the Admore light kit for the top case. Also didn't want to have to tap into the wiring..

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
where does the admore harness connect to?
On the left side of the bike theres a harness just behind the cover where the air filter is located. Remove the top cover and the bikes harness is on the right. theres a white plug, disconnect and plug the admore harness plug into the stock harness plug. there are colored wires coming from the harness and the light bar. Theres a terminal that comes with the harness where the wires are connected.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Can you post up some links of what parts you ordered? Gotta add this to my list of to-dos.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can you post up some links of what parts you ordered? Gotta add this to my list of to-dos.
They have small light bars and large. Mine is the large with clear lens. You can also order them with a smoked lens.

Heres for the large bar clear lens......http://admorelighting.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=61&product_id=183

Wiring harness Gen1...http://admorelighting.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=62&product_id=100

Wiring Harness Gen2 & 3.....http://admorelighting.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=62&product_id=141

·
Registered
161 Posts
Cool. Thanks.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Can you make the turn signals all blink at one rather than sequential, I prefer to have the visual impact of a larger "blink"?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Where did you hide the wire from the light bar?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Where did you hide the wire from the light bar?
At first i had routed the wires through the back hole that the saddle bag locks into along to the harness. Later when i installed the light kit also i drilled a hole in the silver plastic toward the end of the passenger seat then ran the wires through the hole then under the seat to the harness compartment. Once i ran the wires i used some clear sealant to cover it to keep water out.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Do you know if they wire harness with work w/ the brake light modulator? I would like to add one and wire then in serial since they're plug and play w/ the wiring kit.

-Edit-
Disregard, I see on the site that it has a built in modulator. Does it modulate the bar and the stock lights or just the bar?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR A Model
8,078 Posts
I have 2 questions:

- does the light bar or mounting bracket in any way restrict the lighting on the license plate? I've been stopped by LEO before because the plate illuminating bulbs burned out on my pick-up.

- can the mount bracket be installed upside down from what you've done with the light bar below the plate instead of above? I'd prefer to separate the light bar and stock lighting.

TIA.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have 2 questions:

- does the light bar or mounting bracket in any way restrict the lighting on the license plate? I've been stopped by LEO before because the plate illuminating bulbs burned out on my pick-up.

- can the mount bracket be installed upside down from what you've done with the light bar below the plate instead of above? I'd prefer to separate the light bar and stock lighting.

TIA.
#1 No. On the side view you can see the bolt and washer you can move the light bar forward or backward. I took one photo from underneath so you could see that the stock light is not blocked.

#2 You can mount it anywhere you can bolt it too. You could use the bottom 2 bolts on the license plate or bolt it straight to the fender if you wanted to.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Do you know if they wire harness with work w/ the brake light modulator? I would like to add one and wire then in serial since they're plug and play w/ the wiring kit.

-Edit-
Disregard, I see on the site that it has a built in modulator. Does it modulate the bar and the stock lights or just the bar?

Thanks.
Only modulates the light bar.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts