FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
298 Posts
I saw these 1" riser blocks for 2006 - 2019 and thought I would give them a try, cheap enough and took about 45 minutes to install including cleaning up dirt and grease .

Jerry, Did you have to extend any of the handlebar cables, or were the stock cables long enough with the riser blocks installed?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The stock cables were more than long enough, probably could have gone with 1 1/2" risers if they had them. You just have to cut the wires that are holding the cables in place

·
Registered
97 Posts
I bought my bike used with 1 inch risers and they're at the rearward position. I think they're about perfect ergonomics wise for my body type. I could definitely see being less comfortable without them but I don't have a comparison.

·
Registered
2016 FJR1300 ES
385 Posts
I put something very similar on mine, and I love them.

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,819 Posts
Jerry, Did you have to extend any of the handlebar cables, or were the stock cables long enough with the riser blocks installed?

The stock cables were more than long enough, probably could have gone with 1 1/2" risers if they had them. You just have to cut the wires that are holding the cables in place
I concur. I installed 1" blocks the first year and the stock hoses and cables were fine. I've since added a Gen2 HeliBar pullback top plate and 1" risers and still haven't replaced any hoses or cables.

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
I saw these 1" riser blocks for 2006 - 2019 and thought I would give them a try, cheap enough and took about 45 minutes to install including cleaning up dirt and grease .

Link to my picture https://i.postimg.cc/k5T6pS61/risers.jpg

$39.00 from Amazon https://smile.amazon.com/Dasen-Yama...bar+risers&qid=1577020363&s=automotive&sr=1-1

Video of install

I had the same setup(1 inch bar risers) on my GEN III FJR it is good for 2 hr or so ride at least in my case and then hands start getting a little tired. I got the MV motorad riser and it seems to be much better and comfortable without any time limit on riding.

I still feel aesthetically 1 inch bar risers look better than MV motorad and Helibars.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My used 07 came with 1" installed. From my vantage point I notice they raise the bars 1", but on an angle forward. So I wonder if the net gain in bringing the bars closer is really closer to nil.

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
2016 ES gun metal silver
40 Posts
Hi, just installed the same Amazon 1inch risers. Helps me alot. I’m 6,2 and 32 in inseam. We’ll see if its all day comfortable or not. During the install, 2016 ES, I removed the bracket inder the triple tree and installed the longer bolts. I noticed I had to remove the triple tree to tighten the smaller inside bolts. Riser is in the rear most position. I’m going to be checking them yearly. Is this typical to remove the triple tree to check bolts, or has someone figured out how to get a wrench in there with it on?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just a question.. In the video, it appears that the brake lines/cables are pretty stretched. Has anyone heard of any issues at all with any cables/brake lines after having these installed for a while? Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 FJR 1300ES
107 Posts
Just a question.. In the video, it appears that the brake lines/cables are pretty stretched. Has anyone heard of any issues at all with any cables/brake lines after having these installed for a while? Thanks.
No stretching on my '20 ES. Plenty of slack full range of the bars. Not every bike is the same so definitely need to check it out closely

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sooo, question for anyone that has installed these bar risers. I ordered these, got them. Instead of dowel pins, like the pictures on Amazon, they used roll or spring pins. Big difference. They didn't fit right, I had to tap the risers in. Stupid, and I knew better. Anyone else get these with spring pins instead of dowel pins? After install, the risers are about 1/32" off the triple tree. Not happy at all, but they are torqued down. Watching the OP's video, and others, the risers slipped right into place.

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR1300A
1,259 Posts
Are the pins too long?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts