FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the claim number from the dealer where my '06 FJR was ordered. Is there any way I can check on my bike along the way without bothering the dealer. I was at the dealer today and there was nothing on his computer about delivery yet. Can I tell the position of my bike in the delivery lineup by the claim number?

too_many_hobbies

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the same question. Going to the Javits center to the motorcycle show next Friday where I can sit on an 06.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I spoke by telephone with the folks at Yamaha in Califonia.
They said no confirmation letters would be sent as they were in 05,
but the dealers should be notified of the delivery schedules
at the end of January.

·
Registered
426 Posts
That tells me there is no PDP. If you put $$ down to order a bike, that was so your dealer will put your name on one of his. The dealers are getting allotments just like other models.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Then explain how Yamaha Corporate was able to tell me what my
conformation number was after they looked my name up on their
computer. Maybe their is a secret conspiracy with the dealers to trick
all their customers.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I can't explain it but can you show me any forms or marketing flyers or anything on their website that mentions anything about a PDP? Funny how every dealer I talk to in the Midwest responds with "What's a PDP?" For the 2003, 2004, and 2005 models there was lots of advertising for the PDPs including windows for ordering and estimated delivery dates. All I've seen for the 2006 is estimated release dates.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts