FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
having just started biking again with my FJR 1300 my wife and i went out for a pub lunch only to find that when we returned to the bike it would not start called RAC who only scratched his head he told me the immobiliser had freezed up is there so code to unblock this immobiliser meta 357T :(

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Nice day for a pub lunch :ale:

When the Meta 357T was installed you should have been issued with a card giving the cancellation code. IIRC when the alarm doesn't respond to the keyfob then you can enter the code by turning the ignition on, counting the LED flashes and turning it off again for each digit of the code.
You'll need earplugs as the alarm will be triggered, and the number is six or eight digits long. However, if the bike is second hand and you didn't get the card then get back to the original owner and ask for it, as I don't think Meta will issue a new one.

This problem can also be caused by parking near a radio transmitter. There is one at the top of Beachy Head and the breakdown people in Eastbourne are used to dealing with alarm faults by towing the vehicle a mile down the road when magically things return to normal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts