FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This afternoon I was at my dealership Vos-Oss to sit on my new 2006-FJR for a few minutes.
Tomorrow the bike will be prepared and the paperwork will be done.
On saturday I'll ride it home via Paris, Berlin or something..... :lol:

Nico Willmse (my dealer) and I

Nice bike.... isn't it?

Dreaming of the first trip next weekend

After this first trip I can inform you all about the differences between the old and the new FJR.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
That must make you the first 06 owner Walrus?.

I've gone all green

My wallet is rumbling in my back pocket

I've broken out into a sweat

Is there a cure for this?..............

Oh, I hope you got VERY good locks and chains - we don't want the same thing happening again do we? Take care.

Congratulations and ride safe.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rabbit1300 said:
That must make you the first 06 owner Walrus?
Maybe yes... I know another guy in my country (The Netherlands) who owns one since this week and one or two in Germany.
Yamaha has delivered 60 new FJR's last few days to the dealers in The Netherlands.
So next week more club members will get their new bike.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Nice one walrus, shame its bit cold to get a proper test of how the heat management works, but at least you see what the new screen aerodynamics are like.

So you're getting the drinks in to celebrate then :ale:

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Congratulations Toon - the first reported '06 in captivity that I have seen. may it bring you many smiles over many, many miles.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Very happy for you Toon...How I miss the feeling of picking up a new bike..

I suspect it will be a day or two before we hear from him now.. :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
yep, utter jealousy from me as well, enjoy the new ride, you could let me have a go when I'm in Holland in May. :lol:

·
Registered
728 Posts
Why not ride it home via Zeebrugge?That way I can check it out properly for you and report back reliably to English folks.

I'll be there at about 4ish on Saturday. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Congratulations Walrus form across the pond. I too am eagerly awaiting your first impressions as mine will be here in May. Will you be handing out cigars?

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Show off! Beautiful, like the color more every time I see it.

Now I can't wait, phoning the dealer now.....no one's answering, I just know they're out uncrating my bike...gotta go.....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Congrats Walrus, looks pretty nice!

Now can anyone figure out how a tiny country like the Netherlands , far far from Japan , gets the first delivery of FJR's ???? I know Rotterdam's a big port but don't you think there's a closer one to Japan ??? Hmmmm?? :roll:

·
Registered
38 Posts
new FJR

Green, 18 shades of green...that would be me, still WAITING for my '06! Congrats and enjoy...if you can get off long enough give us your impressions of the new, improved '06. Oh where is March and my new bluu FJR...not fair at all!! DFO :(

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ride report, please!

Congratulations Walrus, now we won't leave you alone until you give us a ride report. I know that it will be difficult to get off the new bike long enough to get on the computer, but please try to be considerate of the rest of us that are desperate, ride report!

too_many_hobbies

·
Registered
6 Posts
Awesome!!

Congrats Walrus!

I'm very happy for you. You Europeans are lucky to get that paint scheme. I have my 06 on order but really like the silver stripes. Guess I'll have to copy it!

Q's for you. Does the under the windshield vent open and close? On the Pre/Prod's I saw it only stayed open and the Yamaha guy thought it was that way because it was a pre/pro.

thanks
-=SF=-

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Today is my granddaughter's anniversary and the bike stays in the garage.
Next coming days we expect some snow in The Netherlands.
I'll report as soon as possible about the new bike in comparison to the 2004 model.
A few issues I can say:
- seat is much better
- sitting position is better
- windshield is better but still some buffeting
- when switched on 1.100 r/m
- no more 'big bang' when shifted in first gear
- 3.000 r/m 95 km/h
- 4.000 r/m 125 km/h
- 5.000 r/m 155 km/h

1 - 20 of 48 Posts