FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
No such thing. LOL

·
Registered
38 Posts
If I couldn't have both my FJR and Super Tenere I would likely go with the Super Tenere but the Harley Pan American 1250 Special gets me a little excited if I needed to rep[lace my Tenere.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Triumph Sprint GT. Great bike and very much like an FJR

I LOVED (lusted?) the Sprint ST but not the GT. I think they ruined its lines and those bags were atrocious when it was GT updated. I wish Triumph would stop messing around w/the Tiger 'Sport,' pretending it's an ST, and just bring back another updated ST model.

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
3,212 Posts
Not a replacement - but might be the next garage mate of the FJR. Little late for a midlife crisis, but it sure is pretty.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
551 Posts
View attachment 88828

FJ1100. I was only15 when I first gazed upon its glory and it immediately made me tingle in a bad place. I would do things to get one. Bad things. very, very bad things.
The FJ1100/1200 were fantastic back in the day. Would've loved owning one. The original Ninja 900 too, which would likely qualify as an ST by today's standards. The other one that caught my eye was the original Yamaha FZ1 in either the blue or gray/black color combo. Such a great overall bike, killer looks & performance. I owned 2-ZRX1200s but gave serious consideration to the FZ1 at one point. I wish the manufacturers still built moto-simplicity and greatness like the old FZ1.
Lee
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
3,212 Posts
The FJ1100/1200 were fantastic back in the day. Would've loved owning one. The original Ninja 900 too, which would likely qualify as an ST by today's standards. The other one that caught my eye was the original Yamaha FZ1 in either the blue or gray/black color combo. Such a great overall bike, killer looks & performance. I owned 2-ZRX1200s but gave serious consideration to the FZ1 at one point. I wish the manufacturers still built moto-simplicity and greatness like the old FZ1.
Lee View attachment 88835
View attachment 88836
The one bike I will never sell ;) Has about 70K on it and still the scariest bike I have ever owned. 150ish HP, hits around 85mph at redline in first gear.
Water Tire Sky Wheel Fuel tank

·
Registered
2016 ES gun metal silver
102 Posts
The Connie 14 seems to be a good replacement but I've never ridden one. It would need to as good or better in the corners. I've also heard good things about the sporty Goldwing. A bigger lug in the corners but they say just as fun.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Well, I would go find a used Moto Guzzi Norge and have fun for a year.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would be tempted to buy a BMW K1300GT low mileage. However the reliability of Beemer's do not meet my standards. I can say that because I have owned BMW's and sold both of them because, well, quite frankly I was tired of fixing them for stupid crap that should be table steaks.
I, like others would most likely go with an ST13 Honda. However, I would put a Cruise Control on it. First choice would be a Rostra. Second wold be an AudioVox. I've done both and the Rostra is top notch.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Seriously, if every FJR on earth suddenly disappeared (clearly part of some evil alien plan to take over our planet). what bike would you choose and why?
Seriously, they won't. Buy the FJR. The ST1300 hasn't been sold new for some time, and is a little cramped for my 5'11" frame, (and it's an appliance). The Connie 14 is nice, great engine, but it's a Kawasaki, so new gaskets will be about the only upgrade for the next decade. (JK, sort of). The Guzzi Stevlio was really cramped. The new Guzzi V100 Mandello is interesting though. If you want to order one, and if it ever shows up. I did buy and ride a Super Tenere after the FJR for 150k or so. Not a Super Sport Touring bike, but capable.

If you want a Super Sport Touring bike, it's the FJR1300. Nothing else is as reliable, comfortable or as fun to ride. The others aren't bad bikes, they just don't have the concept down as well.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Unfortunately it would probably have to be a BMW as I would never go back to a chain
There is just no way no how I would ever touch a BMW newer than the R1100 series and I would walk first rather than own anything newer from der fatherland! As far as I'm concerned the latest anything from BMW would go up forsale right now and if somebody gave it to me I wouldn't even start the thing much less ride it and not for fear I might like it because I would not!

I like my '93 R1100RSL but I'll never really trust it like I do my FJR. The RSL was only sold in the US for a short time I think maybe a year or so because a guy with one screwed up and let it idle in the garage while he went in the house to use the phone and forgot the BMW was running. The plastic caught fire and burnt his house down so he sued BMW and BMW removed the RSL from the US market. I am super protective of my plastic parts and I'll not ride it in heavy stop and go traffic for fear of scorching the plastic parts particularly on the left side just above the left cylinder head. What was BMW's fix you ask? They sent owners a stick on warning about letting it idle too long without riding. I tossed my sticker in the recycle bin. What a joke! What I have is a primo garage queen looking like new with only just about 14K original miles. For some stupid reason I can't bring myself to part with it.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Tracer GT or Suzuki GSX10000GT

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I LOVED (lusted?) the Sprint ST but not the GT. I think they ruined its lines and those bags were atrocious when it was GT updated. I wish Triumph would stop messing around w/the Tiger 'Sport,' pretending it's an ST, and just bring back another updated ST model.
I now have 3,500 miles on my 2023 Tiger 1200 GT Explorer. I’m the guy who’s is on record on two different forums that I would never own an Adventure bike. I’ve had every modern day Sport touring bike except an RT which I have done a 100 mile demo ride on.

I am now officially a convert. My Tiger is better in every functional way than the FJR, and it was one of my all time favorite bikes. I have owned two of them and put a combined 90,000 miles on them.

Reactions: Benhameen

·
Registered
940 Posts
At this point in my life, perhaps a SuperTenere/AfricaTwin…or an Mt10

21 - 40 of 71 Posts