FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Seriously, if every FJR on earth suddenly disappeared (clearly part of some evil alien plan to take over our planet). what bike would you choose and why?

UPDATE
And the prize goes to [email protected] for his comment.
"I’m sorry, I’ve tried to come up with an answer but I can't bare the thought. ... FJRs disappearing? Unthinkable! "

·
Premium Member
2006 FJR1300 AS - Orion The Hunter
1,302 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
3,210 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 FJR1300 AS - Orion The Hunter
1,302 Posts
How do you all like the Connie14??

I have only test ridden a 2008 model, and it was nice. But sounded "tinny..." Test rode and then bought Orion. And WOW, what a difference to me!!

Reactions: jtdunc

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
I'd probably go back to my ST1300 also. As tempting as the BMW sport tourer is I'd feel skittish being hundreds of miles from home with BMW's reliability history. Not bashing them, even considered an RT1250. Although the more I think about it, I'd get a Ninja 1000 with the hard bags.

Friend bought a brand spanking new C14 on our spring ride. Actually left a day or 2 early because he couldn't get the bike to handle. We tweaked everything and he said he was fighting it in every turn. The C14's linked braking was upsetting the chasis at every input.

• Wow
Reactions: skippy344!

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,615 Posts
I already made the move.... V1K. Had an ST1300, wouldn't go back to it. C14 never felt right....

·
Registered
356 Posts
I'd get right back to another Hayabusa.
First add on.....hard bags.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I loved my former '11 Ninja 1000, had it modded nicely as a lightweight ST and was also quite sporty. Relatively comfortable too altho not in the FJR's league. Worse aspect of it was it's not a 2-up ride, ergo it's departure. If I knew I was never riding 2-up again, I could easily swap back to a current gen N1K or the new Suzuki GSX10000GT, but likely the best exchange (for my needs) would be a Versys 1000 as it does most of the what the N1K does but offers far better passenger accommodations.
Lee

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Unfortunately it would probably have to be a BMW as I would never go back to a chain
Well said. This is exactly how I feel about things.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts