FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2007 AE
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for thoughts on a new to me model.I have a 07 AE.I love the bike,But the newer models with cruise ETC. are kinda calling me.Looking for Pro's and Con's of old versus newer models.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
10,764 Posts
2013-'15...... 5 speed and can convert to LED's brighter than OEM LED, and be replaceable.

·
Registered
2014 FJR-A
164 Posts
I'm waiting for the 400 lbs., cold fusion powered, hover converted model, with air conditioning.
That should beat out any e-bike!!
Of course, instead of dodging dogs and deer, might have to look out for large birds!!

Replacement flux capacitors may be in limited supply.

dan

The future ain't what it used to be. -- Yogi Berra

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
I'm kinda partial to my 2014 RED FJR (the fastest color), although I have to agree with OldJeep that the 2007 is an excellent color choice!

Reactions: passx

·
Registered
2009 FJR1300A
204 Posts
Never road the six speed but from others sentiment and my love of this 5 speed I’d agree on the ‘13-15 for newer tech with the 5 speed. It’s funny to me that so much of the model year choice on this bike revolves around the single color Yamaha offers. Y’all know you can get your bike painted right? I feel like painting mine some exotic color just to rock the boat.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
2015. BTW for those who choose based on color.... you do know they have this thing called paint, right? ;) :giggle:

·
Premium Member
2016 FJR1300AK
206 Posts
2016 A model bike. the ONLY year they came in that color, with a 6 speed and non-electronic suspension.
Then I'd put the USD forks from the ES bike with Traxxion Dynamic AK-20's inside. Looks like an ES with the pretty forks but better internals.
Think it's the prettiest FJR ever. Yeah, that'd be the bike I'd get/make.

Oh yeah... I did that. Probably the only 6 speed A model bike out there with USD forks.

Reactions: FJRChuck

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
2,510 Posts
2015. BTW for those who choose based on color.... you do know they have this thing called paint, right? ;) :giggle:
Price out having a bike (or car) painted sometime. There is a reason I flew to Chicago to get my wife's car. Still cheaper than having one painted.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Oh I know. I've had 2 custom paint jobs done by www.bdscycles.com and a stock re-do.

I'd rather not pass on a bike I want just because of color if it checks off all the other boxes. That can always be fixed. Hey just my opinion. I'm fortunate that I've worked hard to be able to afford that. I don't take it for granted. It's my way of rewarding myself.

Apologies if I come off as pompous. Not my intention at all.

Reactions: Heymoe and Oldjeep

·
Registered
2013 FJR
42 Posts
2013-'15...... 5 speed and can convert to LED's brighter than OEM LED, and be replaceable.
Ray, I have been looking through the forum trying to find options for upgrading my ‘13 to LED, but what I keep seeing is that the ‘13-‘15 reflector design doesn’t lend itself well to LED bulbs.

Have you found an option that works well with these years?

John

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
I have F2 LEDs in my '015. I think they work pretty well. Much better than stock.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts