FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the new Kwaka 1400 has been dismembered and the debate continues to rage in the Sport and Racing forum on the relative strengths and weaknesses of different engine configurations - V2 - V4 - I4. What improvements and parts of different makes and models would you combine to come up with your ideal bike or bikes.

Since talk is cheap and dreaming even cheaper I'm going for three bikes - one to flog in the dirt, a racer to flog on the tar and a tourer for long fast runs on the highway.

Now a FJR with shaft drive, collapsible bags, radial brakes with 4 pistons and brake pads, USD front forks, Busa engine all weighing less than 200 kgs - where do I sign.

The racer would have to have the Ducati V4 Desmosedici twin pulse engine in a composite chassis with a weigh in at no more than 130kg.

The dirt bike - maybe one of the experimental two wheel drive beasts with a ultra light composite chassis. Engine 450 - 500cc single or maybe a 450 - 500 dry sump 90deg V twin.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the words of the "Governator" - "Don't be economic girlie men" Forget about the cost and who's gonna build it - zis ist der design phase !!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts