FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 FJR1300 AS - Orion The Hunter
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He would have been 69 yesterday...

He was also a biker, so I could not have been more of a Neil fan!!!

I have been a Rush fan for 45 years, I guess. I have seen them 17 times live... Every show was amazing!!

Highlight was when I got to take my sons to the show, to see them... My sons still listen to them to this day! They are 38 and 35!

To honor The Professor, I'd like to share a video. I hope you all enjoy, as much as I do!!

You bring so much happiness into my musical life, Neil, You are missed...

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You mean this one? Lol
Light Black Input device Publication Peripheral

Yup, working on it...

Thanks for bringing it up!! I think we all might enjoy the read!(y)

Reactions: Fringe_Remnant

·
Registered
180 Posts
Saw Rush numerous times before any albums. They were a bar band, and the golden horseshoe was their circuit.
I remember was they were loud af in the cellars they played.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
35 years ago I almost bought the beautiful country property Rush leased to practice in, Yonge and Stouffville Sideroad north of Toronto. Had I done so my life would have turned out very differently.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
I think I saw them 8 times, starting with Power Windows (at Maple Leaf Gardens) and the last show was the R40 tour in Buffalo. I think I've read all of Neil's books except the Masked Rider, which I will get to one of these days. Definitely my favourite band, as my logo in this group may indicate...

Zwartie

·
Registered
2008 FJR
92 Posts
If you get a chance to read Neil's book, I highly recommend it: Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road
I remember reading this book a few years ago... there was some section about 3/4 of the way in where he was imagining writing back and forth with himself or something that I could have done without, but the basic "this is what it's like on the road, and this is how I get away" stuff was pretty interesting. Quite an interesting read, and a good peek behind the covers of what it's like to be a famous personality (and how that doesn't really change a lot of the crap you end up having to deal with).

·
Registered
299 Posts
Saw them a number of times from the Moving Pictures album onward. My favorite band and so miss seeing them. Videos and You tube only do so much. Geddy got a lifetime achievement award yesterday. Someone asked me why I like them so much, told them that unlike most "music" now days, they wrote and performed their own stuff which was no small accomplishment when you saw them putting it together live with multiple instruments at the same time.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Each a virtuoso on their respective instruments! Complex, masterful, engaging music, I just can't say enough about my experiences with Rush!

Best listened to on over the ear headphones. Not these earbud crappy devices!

Grab a set of Sennheiser's and hit play... I seldom needed "enhancement" back in the day!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts