FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out today...

Had the week off (daughter's half-term, but they were all back in school today... strange...), m'lady wife was out earning a crust, so.... I took a trip out from Moffat, over to Wanlockhead (lead mining museum, highest village in Scotland) watching out for sheep along the way. BTW, the Wanlockhead to Mennock road is one of the bendiest in Britain. Then down the A76 to Dumfries. That's a seriously bendy main road, and one or two good overtaking opportunities were taken... :D Then shot the breeze wth a good friend...

Now I remember why I love this bike.

[Old joke alert...]

Please excuse the shaky typing... :wink:

·
Registered
103 Posts
great innit, I took mine out yesterday for the first time since I bought it, It's everything I thought it would be and more. I had a big daft grin all day and this morning, Can't wait to get out on it again. The power is instant and the handling for a big bike, incredible, I was grinding the pegs straight away, superb.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Bugger off you two, mine's still in the garage and you're getting me all excited again.

I'm off to the toilet with my FJR manual.......

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
I am looking at snow this morning after several weeks of great weather. Oh well, we need the moisture, and it sure beats wildfires!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I must be mad...

Because the car is off the road (for servicing and replacement of a wheel bearing), and my wife's car has an intermittent electrical fault which sees the wipers die, I took the FJR into work yesterday.

Now bear in mind I live in Moffat and commute to South of Glasgow (onlt 110 mile round trip...), you can imagine it was quite cool.

On parts of the road I couldn't work out whether it was wet or frozen... so I stuck to the dry bits I could see. The run up was dry, with some sunshine struggling through. On the way home, things were wet... So I stuck to the motorway.

The car wasn't back from our servicing guy last night, so I had to take trhe bike again today. Ice on the seat (bike started first time, tho' :) ) and off we go again. Stuck to the motorway, and came up to work. Today I had on my 30 year old socks (wish I was 30 years old), and inner gloves, just to see if I could keep things warm. My right hand was cold after 15 minutes and getting colder... left hand was OK, tho'...

So here in sunny East Kilbride, the sun IS shining, and it looks like I could be dry (but cold) on the way home. And guess what? Even though the weather's against me, I still love this bike...

Now where did I put my jacket with the sleeves which fasten round the back?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts