FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Russell, Rick Mayer, Bill Mayer are the top three mentioned. All are good, the LD guys seem to drift to Russell and Rick Mayer. I have Bill's seat on mine and couldn't be happier. Russell and Rick Mayer are up in your neck of the woods, Bill's in Ojai. What ever you do, arrange a ride-in fitting. Some do the mail order way, but that's kinda like having a custom tailored suit made from measurements that you send into Brooks Brothers. Just ain't gonna fit the same as when the tailor hand fits you, IMHO.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
corbin smuggler seats

I like the rick mayer as far as looks, but I am thinking I need no wings for hanging off on twisties...so the bill are probably better...and thanks twowheelnut, I was not aware of the mayer seats...I was just on corbins site and like the smuggler seats, I had only seen the canyon seats for the fjr...the smuggler seats look nice...no wings and they look comfy, but the corbin seats I tried before where to hard. Has anyone tried the smuggler seats and have any info???

·
Registered
409 Posts
I just got my Russell "Day Long" seat in today. I can't wait to try it out, so far just sat on it and "VRRROOOOOM" noises. Sure makes the FJR run faster (do ya think??). :lol:

·
Registered
632 Posts
It's very weird- my 3 previous bikes I needed to get the seat sorted.

but my FJR is fine - did 440 miles yesterday (Brrrr) and no problems in the seating area.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ditto to Alan - 800 miles in one go no worries, never felt a problem with the standard seat, me or the pillion. Never even felt the urge to lift my butt or stretch my legs, not like my ZZR1200, GSX blah blah, mates in tow. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmmmmmmm...now that I think about it...I always liked the seat, most of my riding is straight forward freeway, but after 1 1/2 hours on really working it in twisties, it really started bothering me...maybe there are different pressures at work on the old butt when in just twisties.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks bounce

its nice to know the wings on the russell don't get in your way in hanging off...they really do look comfortable...I porbably will go with the Russell.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I upgraded to a Corbin Dual Canyon seat only because I wanted a heated seat. I found the stock seat to be pretty comfortable. Corbin offers a couple seats that weren't available during the summer when i ordered mine. www.corbin.com

Mel

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've sat on most every seat made for the FJR.....and actually have ridden on the majority of them. This includes the Russell, Mayers.....the whole bunch. My choice ultimately was the Sargent seat. Fit MY needs the best. There is probably no issue more influenced by personal preferrences, however, than the seat issue. Do your best to try them all, like I did, then make your choice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts