FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have Yoshimura R77s on mine. They were already fitted on the bike when I got it so I have nothing to compare to. I wondered if perhaps they caused the engine to breathe a little differently and this was causing the hunting.
From everyone’s valuable input it sounds like the hunting is nothing to be concerned about. I’ll put this one to bed. Totally appreciate this site and how helpful everyone is.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Will say I noticed it more on the '13 when I had the Delkevic slip-ons installed, not so much with stock cans though.
Funny you say that. That same thought crossed my mind but then I thought maybe I had just imagined that. And maybe it's just because the FJR was new to me at the time, I thought it accelerated quicker with the stock exhaust. Maybe it's just that with the stockers acceleration was all visual and feel of the G-force. With the slip ons now you throw sound into the mix and it seems that one extra sensory input slows everything down.

I've often thought about putting the stock mufflers back on as an experiment.

Reactions: Tim Simpson

·
Registered
2013 FJR1300A
505 Posts
Funny you say that. That same thought crossed my mind but then I thought maybe I had just imagined that. And maybe it's just because the FJR was new to me at the time, I thought it accelerated quicker with the stock exhaust. Maybe it's just that with the stockers acceleration was all visual and feel of the G-force. With the slip ons now you throw sound into the mix and it seems that one extra sensory input slows everything down.

I've often thought about putting the stock mufflers back on as an experiment.
100% the same and seat dyno told me the same. Sold the Delkevics and back to Team Stealth.
Love the aftermarket slip-on sound but to ME, bike runs and accelerates better stock.

Reactions: Whooshka
21 - 23 of 23 Posts