FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having problems installing the FSD Hugger? All holes line up but the rear tab at the differential sticks out 3/4 to 1" to the end of the stud. There is no way I can install the cap nut without bending (and breaking) the tab. The hugger is tight to the differential and will not move back at all. The 2006 has a longer swingarm. I think they shipped a hugger for an earlier model.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Answer from FSD:

cet patte est 1 peu + large if suffi de modifier l'angle ( c'est de l'alluminium )
plusieurs ca ce presentent
modifier l'angle afin quelle se presente correctement (alluminium )
ou
la suprimer et mettre double face (1 bon ) avec mousse sous le support (aussi efficace et + simple) ,ils vont etre modifiés en ce sens dans l'avenir
pour ajusté il sera peut etre nnécessair de calibrer avec des rondelles entre la patte et le cardan

translation from french to englis:

1) The ler that hook to the differential is a bit too large and could be bend since it is aluminium ou remove the leg and stick it with double face tape.

They will modify the new one's like that.

I asked them to get another one, the new version waiting :roll:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hugger response

FSD emailed back the mount is not needed and to use a spacer or tape it off. I don't think so. I had a friend who works with fiberglass and he had a good idea to repair it. Shape a new tab and remove the tab that hangs down. Grind off the glass from the recess over the metal. Drill and rivet a new tab in position from below. Fill in the recess with an epoxy to cover the rivets, sand smooth to level and paint. I want to use flat black anyway so touch ups are easy.

·
Registered
153 Posts
We should not have to do this, I am arguing with them to reveive a new one already modified.

Franck at FSD is telling me that the new ones will not be like the one we received.

I do not want to add something to my bike that will not look OEM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts