FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm sure glad someone posted pictures... I had no idea what a hugger fender was. :roll: Although the name makes perfect sense now and I have seen them many times before.

OK, enough FNG remarks on my part.

Those are kewl! 8)

How much help does it give keeping the rear of the bike clean? Looks like it would offer a lot more protection from splatter in the back.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Comments from buyers of the Euro one indicate it took a lot of fiddling to make it work... but it does look great! I don't even own an FJR but a pic of one with the Euro hugger is still on my computer as a screen saver. Wish it was a pic of one in Cerulean Silver like my old FJR though. (sniff)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Huggers

Can anyone translate the price of the European fender? I like that one better because it seems to cover more of the tire. I wouldn't mind fiddeling with it if I had to.

·
Registered
119 Posts
A minor hi-jacking here... (low-jacking?)

Back on the old site there was a thread for a while where someone was hoping to get a shop to do up an extended front fender. Any hope of that ever actually happening?

·
Registered
72 Posts
The rear hugger looks great. For awhile I was trying to get Geelong Carboncraft to create a front fender for the FJR that was the length of the stock plus extension, but Phil and Kim at Geelong were not able to provide a price estimate nor make a mold for the product. I had a survey site setup and had more than 100 people seriously interested. The end issue became price. They were unsure of production amounts, saw potentila competitor pricing, and opted out. Gr8eyes was even gracious to loan his front fender for the mold. Unfortunately the fender was never returned.

In the end, I was not happy with that experience. All in all though, Geelong makes some great products to dress up the FJR. I'd have their rear hugger if it wasn't so darn expensive for what it is.

Happy riding all.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Glen you certainly are a very gracious person but I thinks its extremely rude when you lend someone an article to further their business and they don't even have the good grace to return it!! Bloody ingrates! :evil:

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Swannie, I don't know if I'm gracious or not, I was just trying to help some guys out who wanted a CF front fender. I had an extra and thought they could use it. I'm sorry it didn't work out for everyone concerned.

I had originally orderd Geelongs CF tank protectors and like them alot. They really are good people to work with.

Glenn

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.