FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yea even with those in the map case of my tankbag, I'm sure I'd miss a few turns lol
Even if I had them on a HUD I’d mess it up. I translated one page about the event, one of the things was practice so you don’t get sick or practice not getting sick, it didn’t translate well but I got the drift lol

·
Registered
616 Posts

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
9,769 Posts
Definitely impressive.... the police VFR's had some suspension mods and handlebar conversions. Sticky tires? That baby must be pushing 550 lbs. with all the hardware. I doubt you could make that run on a stock VFR.

Reactions: AtlRiderrr

·
Registered
501 Posts
Great video!! My first ride on my FJR I was impressed with how light and maneuverable the bike seemed. I've read many comments about the FJR feeling heavy and even pig like but I've never thought so at all. Before the FJR I owned an '04 R1150RT which seemed much more pig like to me than an FJR for sure. Now my '93 R1100RSL weighs 120 lbs less than my FJR and naturally seems more maneuverable than the FJR which one would expect but all things considered the FJR just has a natural balance and I think out shines most bikes in its class, no doubt in my mind.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Great video!! My first ride on my FJR I was impressed with how light and maneuverable the bike seemed. I've read many comments about the FJR feeling heavy and even pig like but I've never thought so at all. Before the FJR I owned an '04 R1150RT which seemed much more pig like to me than an FJR for sure. Now my '93 R1100RSL weighs 120 lbs less than my FJR and naturally seems more maneuverable than the FJR which one would expect but all things considered the FJR just has a natural balance and I think out shines most bikes in its class, no doubt in my mind.
The cruise missile turns into a top heavy pig when stopped! Took me a while to get used to straddling the large fuel tank, don't really notice it anymore unless I spend the day riding around on my CRF250 first.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I was surprised to see he wasn't using the clutch at all. Watch his clutch hand--he doesn't even cover it.

·
Registered
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300
65 Posts
Great video. This is motogymkhana. I practiced this past summer and its challenging but a great practice when you don't have a lot of time to ride. Trail braking is your friend while applying throttle. More at...https://m-gymkhana.com/

21 - 35 of 35 Posts