FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if it’s a repost but I don’t think so, it’s fairly new. He’s using the FJR in a race, a race against time and maneuvering. In the dictionary under being one with your FJR, is this guy!

I think it’s a 21? 1300A

·
Registered
830 Posts
I don’t mean to say this in a cocky way, but I’m pretty sure I have the talent to do that. I’ve just never had the desire to pay the cost of the learning curve. You don’t get to that level without collateral damage along the way.

So says the guy who raced for a few years :) Yes, I did go down on the track. But it wasn’t my street bike.

Reactions: SunnyRides

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don’t mean to say this in a cocky way, but I’m pretty sure I have the talent to do that. I’ve just never had the desire to pay the cost of the learning curve. You don’t get to that level without collateral damage along the way.

So says the guy who raced for a few years :) Yes, I did go down on the track. But it wasn’t my street bike.
Agreed on collateral damage. I did see in the comments (google translate), that he races but this was the first time he used his new FJR. He wanted to see what time he could get with it.

·
Registered
7,397 Posts
Even though the video is sped up quite a bit... I still think these kinds of tight, low speed courses are very impressive. If I were learning to do them, I'd have crash bars and take off my saddlebags. ;)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Well he was running the City Bags so there's that. (Dayum, that's a great looking bike btw 😋 )

Don't know much about what's offered in other parts of this world but I thought they stopped producing the A version?

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
9,810 Posts
I think I could do that with a bit of practice..... any points deducted for putting your feet down? He did that 3 or 4 times first run, none the second and maybe 3 on the last run.... OK I get it.... he'll get better.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
I've done a few tight U-turns like that but no way could I run that course. I thought I was gonna drop it in the U-turns but instinct took over and to be honest, I don't even know what I did to recover.

And yes I have been down at the track. And yes it was my street bike, my ONLY bike. I have grown older and wiser since then.

• Haha

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I give him some credit on the foot going down here and there. Those were quick balance catches vs. Oh crap I’m going to drop it foot slams lol

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well he was running the City Bags so there's that. (Dayum, that's a great looking bike btw 😋 )

Don't know much about what's offered in other parts of this world but I thought they stopped producing the A version?
Maybe it’s still available in Japan? I assume it’s Japan anyway.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Could be that the track has a special grippy surface - certainly not like the roads I ride on
Looks much better with the smaller cases

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR1300A
1,565 Posts
Huh? They stopped producing the auto trans version. The current stuff is all electronic suspension, but a manual 6 speed

·
Registered
278 Posts
Huh? They stopped producing the auto trans version. The current stuff is all electronic suspension, but a manual 6 speed
Yeah, that's what I thought. But his doesn't appear to be an ES. It does have LED lighting which would make you think it should be along with the 6 speed but not sure we can surmise what year that is just based on color. Possible he swapped out the forks though.

·
Registered
2016 ES gun metal silver
72 Posts
Even though the video is sped up quite a bit... I still think these kinds of tight, low speed courses are very impressive. If I were learning to do them, I'd have crash bars and take off my saddlebags. ;)
Not sure the video is sped up, the sound seems nominal.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I think I could do that with a bit of practice..... any points deducted for putting your feet down? He did that 3 or 4 times first run, none the second and maybe 3 on the last run.... OK I get it.... he'll get better.
Definitely points deducted/time added for dabbing a foot, at least there was when I competed. Possibly an outright DQ. Still an impressive display of riding. Not sure I could duplicate it, at least on a FJR. Kudos to the rider.

Haynes

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
I give him props for just remembering which way to go.
I guess there's a guideline on what maneuver to do for each marker. Hopefully somebody knows and chimes in. Or what would I Google? I'd find it interesting.

Reactions: the Ferret

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I guess there's a guideline on what maneuver to do for each marker. Hopefully somebody knows and chimes in. Or what would I Google? I'd find it interesting.
‘Here ya go. I just happened to look at the website for the event he had posted, can’t read a lick of Japanese but there were pictures. I haven’t figured out which one was it, not sure it’s there :)

White Handwriting Organism Font Art

Facial expression Vertebrate Handwriting Rectangle Mammal

Nose Handwriting Vertebrate White Organism

1 - 20 of 35 Posts