FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

What was your age when you purchased your first FJR?

• 0-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • 26-30

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • 31-35

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • 36-40

Votes: 12 6.6%
  • 41-45

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • 46-50

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • 51-55

Votes: 37 20.2%
  • 56-60

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • 61-100

Votes: 46 25.1%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious if the stereotype is true that the FJR is enjoyed mostly by an “older” crowd (whatever that means). Let’s prove them wrong. Select your age range and don’t lie. This is a scientific study. :nerd:

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
10,628 Posts
Curious why you stopped the 5 year interval after 60..... results will be skewed. JohnC and I aren't happy.>:)

And it has all been done before.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
The encouraging thing I see is that the “older” guy’s (i’m 64) like john inspire me to know that I still have a fair mount of time to keep riding this thing. Seem’s That i’m Not the only one that wasn’t ready for the g-wing thingy. I do have a number of older wings and have no issue with them but wanted something a bit sportier and lighter/smaller. I do have a 76 1000 naked that I bought new and a 76 Ltd naked and a 78 that’s in line to be customized but those are all actually smaller/lighter than the fjr and way different than the current wing offerings.

Just looked at russ’s Offering and I feel better, thanks Russ.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Looks like the pensioners may have this one!

Reactions: relhok

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
10,628 Posts
Ray is right. Lump me in with the 61 year olds, and I am old. Group me with the 100 year olds and . . .
you are incredibly optimistic.

I will keep my FJR until I can no longer pick it up when I drop it.
Hey, if you hadn't blabbed your real age, they woulda thought we were 61.... SHHH!

Reactions: JohnC

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Curious why you stopped the 5 year interval after 60..... results will be skewed. JohnC and I aren't happy.>:)

And it has all been done before.
Haha I would have added more but it only has room for 10 choices in the poll. I expected the curve would be skewed to the right but wanted more definition in the lower age ranges.

So far I look to be the youngest. I was 29 when I bought my 07 AE (now 33). Great bike. The paddle shift was pretty sweet, but had its disadvantages. I could never shake that scooter/handicapped vibe. Traded on a 15 ES and man, what an upgrade all around.

I hear you guys on the bike being expensive and that can push the younger crowd out. I am lucky enough to make a decent living at my age so why not have the best.

Thanks for the responses!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Ray is right. Lump me in with the 61 year olds, and I am old. Group me with the 100 year olds and . . .
you are incredibly optimistic.

I will keep my FJR until I can no longer pick it up when I drop it.
Well, crap! I already can't pick it up when I drop it. :serious:

71 next month.

Edit:
Finally read the subject line. 65 when I bought it one day after retiring.

·
Registered
209 Posts
35 out of 48!! The over 50 crowd has won this one hands down. Just forgot what we win???

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
10,628 Posts
The young fella that started all this owes us beer! Well, for the OVER 61's, we get our choice of fine bourbon, rye whiskey or Tequila. Tell me where and when.

·
Registered
10 Posts
45 - got a brand new A model a couple of weeks back.. sold my S1000RR. Love the lightness of sports bikes, but wheelies at 130mph on the road seemed a bit silly. The running-in process is painful but even so, love the smoothness of the engine and the gearbox is one of the best I've ever experienced ..I've owned lots of different bikes!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The young fella that started all this owes us beer! Well, for the OVER 61's, we get our choice of fine bourbon, rye whiskey or Tequila. Tell me where and when.
You guys are awesome. Judging by the spread, I got like 40 more years on this thing and am 👀 forward to it. We are expecting our first child and as much as I want to, I don't see myself putting the 10k miles a year I do now.

I would love to provide beer and kick it "old"school with y'all:laugh:

There's gotta be some kids with FJRs...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts