FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I bought a set of horns from horn plus, how should I install them ?

Series or parallel ? Keep the same wiring or install a new one with a bigger wire gauge ?

Thanks in advance !!!

:x [/b]

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks !!!

Thanks for the info Bounce, exactly what I am looking for.

Interesting FJRandy, how much for the hardness with shipping to Montreal, postal code H1H 1T6

:lol:

·
Registered
721 Posts
Re: Thanks !!!

Pierre said:
Interesting FJRandy, how much for the hardness with shipping to Montreal, postal code H1H 1T6

:lol:
Oh boy oh boy oh boy, jst wait til Sherlock sees this! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
107 Posts
FJRandy said:
Score one of my harnesses and your troubles are over.

I ship to Canada. :wink:
Within some weeks I need a new harness for my 2006 model, Randy.
And of course a set of new Stebel horns from Todd.

·
Registered
56 Posts
FJRandy's harness made my horn install a snap!

There is a risk with the Magnum horn. The first time I used them, 2 SUV's fell over on their sides, a lady's dress was blown up about her ears, one man suffered a heart attack and another was blown through a plate glass window.

Other than that, they work very well.

Ron

·
Registered
40 Posts
horns

I wound up installing both the Stebel Magnums and the compact version of the Stebel Nautilus. My bike now sounds like an Amtrak train's horn.
Finding a suitable location for the Nautilus is the problem.
I have the Wilbers shock control located there or I would use the cavity located next to the rider's right ankle. I had to locate my air horn under the fairing off an engine mounting tab. Make sure it's far enough from the #4 exhaust pipe to avoid damage to the horn's diaphragm (don't ask).
Another potentail location would be on top of the rear fork pivot in front of the mud flap. That would require removing the rear wheel for installation.

dobias

·
Registered
62 Posts
Walrus said:
FJRandy said:
Score one of my harnesses and your troubles are over.

I ship to Canada. :wink:
Within some weeks I need a new harness for my 2006 model, Randy.
And of course a set of new Stebel horns from Todd.
I'll let you know if it fit's the '06 right after the NYC motorcycle show on 1/22.
I'll ship it to you too...just need the shipping info to get the global priority postal rate.
Randy

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nautilus location

Damn! I hate it when I have to admit I screwed up.

DO NOT locate the Nautilus under the fairing. Even though I spaced it away from the exhaust pipes and mounted a heat deflector between it and the pipes, I still wound up heat damaging one of the diapragms (probably from ambient heat buildup after parking the bike).

I'm determined to have a Nautilus along with the Magnums.
The next one will be mounted at the rear side of the Givi luggage rack.

dobias :?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.