FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's going on Honda & Yamaha are having set up problems!

Honda cannot get the power down and the bikes are twitchy and Yamaha are suffering from chattering mid-corner.

The Honda has been totally revamped this gear shorter engine different frame etc so not surprising that they are going have a bit of trouble.

I would guest that Yamaha Rossi & Edward are sandbagging to fool the other teams as it’s the only test where they have not done well.

Checa & Ellison are not doing to bad on the other factory Yamaha's running on Dunlop’s and no complaints.

Also at the latest tests Kawasaki were 3rd fastest what going on?

We are either going to have a great season or Yamaha (Burgess) is just going to show us how to do it again...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Honda & Yamaha

Woody,

It's called race promotion. If all the Yamahas and Hondas were two seconds up on the field, that cuts out alot of race fans.

Here is a question. What will be the gap to the peloton at the finish of the first four bikes?

Bagstr

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I'm new to this racing lark, but what advantage do the teams get from doing well in this pre-season testing? Would think that it's better to keep a bit in reserve for when the starting flag is waved in earnest.

OTOH you could double bluff, really pull all the stops out and try to put the fear of god into the other teams as after you have posted some incredible time they will be thinking "Are they holding something back?"

All too confusing, time for a drink :ale:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Can't remember the literal translation, but its a cycle racing term for the main mass of riders, usually chasing down the leaders like some sort of demented steam roller

·
Registered
372 Posts
marshman said:
Can't remember the literal translation, but its a cycle racing term for the main mass of riders, usually chasing down the leaders like some sort of demented steam roller
Trying to chase down the leaders is more like it, in cycling at least the lead group is usually well ahead and stay there.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
marshman said:
Thank you very much! I had never heard that word before even though I may be one of the peloton. :(

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I was referring to how the peloton reel in the leaders over the last couple of km in a stage of Le Tour de France so the sprinters can have their moment of glory. If they've only got a few seconds lead then it must be absolutely frightening to have some 100 cyclist bearing down on you at a rate of knots :shock:

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Honda & Yamaha

BAGSTR said:
Woody,

It's called race promotion. If all the Yamahas and Hondas were two seconds up on the field, that cuts out alot of race fans.

Here is a question. What will be the gap to the peloton at the finish of the first four bikes?

Bagstr
I recon about 15seconds to the 5th bike!

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
marshman said:
I'm new to this racing lark, but what advantage do the teams get from doing well in this pre-season testing? Would think that it's better to keep a bit in reserve for when the starting flag is waved in earnest.

OTOH you could double bluff, really pull all the stops out and try to put the fear of god into the other teams as after you have posted some incredible time they will be thinking "Are they holding something back?"

All too confusing, time for a drink :ale:
They would like to keep a bit in reserve but cant as testing is paramount. They are setting up the bike i.e. suspension, fuel mapping & tyres etc.. so they will have a good base setting to go to any track.

As for the double bluff thats what Yamaha & Honda do! making out that there bike is not up to much so the other team dont try to hard. :mrgreen:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts