FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi boyz and girls , great looking site you have here. I am currently a Dirt Bike Rider( Plz dont hold that against me) I am thinking of trying the street bike thing again. I really like the idea of sport touring as a bud has just got a Vstrom 1000 and loves it . I have read about some of there down falls etc. So what are some of the strenghts and weaknesses of the FJR .Thanks in advance Mtn 8)

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Strengths: The engine. Torque you can surf on 8)

Weaknesses: Ask again in February/March when the new model starts to roll out and we'll know how successful Yamaha has been in addressing the issues :?:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Strengths: The FJR rules the open/twisty road of super sport touring

Weakness: The FJR sucks off road, and sound like you might be tempted to go there, having the lust for dust. The V-Strom might be your answer.

Trying them all, then decide. Everyone here is pretty 'hot' on the FJR and you might get a slightly biased view.

·
Registered
38 Posts
FJR strengths..

Quite fast, good handling, comfortable for l-o-n-g or short rides. Burns regular gas and gets decent gas mileage even when running at 80+. Prior to '06-I hope-the heat given off could be a major problem depending on one's tolerance to it. DFO :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
The heat issue probably depends on where on the globe you live.

November here in the UK and I'd love some more heat from the motor, not less. Brrrrr.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your info guys. Seems like its time to try riding a few of these bikes. Prolly have to wait till all the snow melts tho. To bad they cant make 1 bike that does it all. Owell at least I can do more research and read up on these bikes . Thanks again for your thoughts (Mtn) :D

·
Registered
531 Posts
If you're sold on the ST genre, then the FJR really is the best all-around choice. But for pure fun factor, dont forget the FZ1. I am about to offload my BMW K-bike and pick up an FZ1. Test rode one last fall and was very impressed. 150HP for less than $9K. Think of it as an R1 you can live with.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
... give or take a couple hundred pounds and around 35 HP.

:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts