FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I never thought they’d serve any purpose, due to the ergonomics and angles of the FJR. Today,
I found that I could put my feet on the t-Rex bumpers that protrude from the t-Rex engine cages. Felt great. I’m sold. I’m going to order t-Rex highway pegs for my engine guards.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Highway pegs

I have handle bar risers also that makes ergo different. Can you send picture of your T. rex canyon cages

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nomad57,
The diameter of your guards will determine what highway pegs will work. I recently purchased a pair of T-Rex Racing HYWY pegs to go with their 7/8" Dia. engine guards. They also offer them in 1" Dia. I am very pleased with the T-Rex pegs, as they are almost infinitely adjustable. On long rides a well-positioned set of highway peg are priceless.
Boomer59

·
Registered
80 Posts
It looks like I put the same pegs on my Canyon Cages on my '13 that you have a picture of. Can't recall where I bought them, probably Ebay. They work great, but I never set the sole of my feet on them, I rest the back of my lower calves on them and that let's my legs stretch out straight.

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Check the clearance for those bolt heads around your engine case. From the photo it looks like it’s touching...will give you an unhappy surprise one day, usually when you are 100miles from home at night on a deserted road and no cell service!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I purchased canyon cages with my 2013 FJR1300A. I am looking for highway pegs to attach to canyon cages. Thanks I attached a picture of pegs on another FJR. Please let me know what you use and or where I might find these
Hi Nomad- I am "debating" if I want to install highway pegs on my FJR ( Hate the look, like the comfort) . I have T-rex guards that makes it challenging at 22mm . I see the way you have installed yours , they are kind of low! Do you scape them when you lean the motorcycle?
Thanks
Andy

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
I purchased canyon cages with my 2013 FJR1300A. I am looking for highway pegs to attach to canyon cages. Thanks I attached a picture of pegs on another FJR. Please let me know what you use and or where I might find these
I assume the Canyon Cages were already on the bike when you bought it. If not where did you get them?

·
Registered
409 Posts
T Rex ones are great, just make sure you tighten the s**t out of them. Check them every few rides and make sure they aren’t rotating outwards. Also id use them up at their max height on the crash guards, lest you scrape them on the pavement when you’re really hooning one day…it’ll give you a minor heart attack.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts