FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Can someone point me the way to the various highway footpeg kits that are available? I know that a lot of you have various configurations of long distance cruising pegs and would appreciate feedback. I am 6' with longer legs. I know that we have chatted about them before but cannot seem to find the thread. I liked the folding ones but cant find em.

Thanks.

Warm regards from Miami (anyone at the boatshow this weekend?),

Boof

·
Registered
39 Posts
Re: Highway pegs

Boof,

Here's what I got off of the FJR 1300 Owner's Association http://p083.ezboard.com/bfjr1300ownersassociation website

"I still have Old Wild Bill chained up in his shop cutting out the mounting plates for me to sell to all you great FJR riders.The price is the same as our last posting and we again have a good supply of pegs.
Aluminum mounting plates, glass bead blast finish with stainless steel screws, $52.00. Pair of chrome plated flat pegs with raised ribbed surface for your feet plus mild steel bolt and star washer, $26.00, shipping and handling, $6.50.
If you are interested in purchasing all or just the mounting plates or have any questions please e-mail to [email protected], be sure and include name of city and state you live in.

Terry and Old Wild Bill"

Go to the Classified Advertising section (down at the bottom of the main page under Miscellaneous) Once in the Classified section there is a topic right at the top called "FJR Highway footrest mount", there are also pic's of them there as well. I've got a set and they work pretty good. I've 6' 1 and suggest not going with the chrome plated flate pegs, they're not long enough for me, my feet hit the side fairing so I went to a H/D dealership and purchased a longer set.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Highway Cruising Pegs

I installed a set of these recently and like FJR_Mac went to my local HD dealer for the pegs and extentions. I just tested them out with a trip down to Barber motor sports museum and returning back to Virginia via Deal's gap. Total 1,526 miles and the pegs worked Very well. They are well worth having. Also just slightly touched the peg feelers a couple times and the highway pegs did not touch. I would however remove them if the roads had been clear and I was to do some serious peg scraping.

·
Super Moderator
3,959 Posts
If you mean Terry's then they fold up inside the area covered by the arc of the lower fairing. Surely you're not leaned over so far as to grind the plastic off the fairing in front of the engine side covers?

folded:

·
Registered
191 Posts
The pegs & mounts from Wild Bill are first rate. Folded up you hardly notice them. Great to have an option for your feet when wearing a flat spot in the middle of the tires!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all, I have my email in for the order.

Boof

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
bounce said:
Your bike is too darn clean there, Bounce... when ya gonna start riding that thing? :crylarf:

;)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hiway cruising pegs.

Surely you're not leaned over so far as to grind the plastic off the fairing in front of the engine side covers?

Bounce, Not the plastic off the fairing, but then mine stick out further than yours. I got my pegs from the HD dealer and they extend out about another 1/2 inch or more when folded. So they are out beyond the plastic some.

·
Super Moderator
3,959 Posts
Re: Hiway cruising pegs.

Surely you're not leaned over so far as to grind the plastic off the fairing in front of the engine side covers?

Bounce, Not the plastic off the fairing, but then mine stick out further than yours. I got my pegs from the HD dealer and they extend out about another 1/2 inch or more when folded. So they are out beyond the plastic some.
furquine harleys! :x

·
Registered
143 Posts
Re: Highway pegs

furquine! :roll: Where did you learn that word? :p
Chear up nothing Harley on them. You wouldn't know if I didn't tell you. :ale:

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
That would be right - fit something from a Harley shop and it starts scrapin' right away :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts