FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Looking for a decent replacement screen for the FJR.
Seen quite a few links to US sites on fjr1300.info but was wondering if there are any decent UK manufacturers around I can order from?

Basically want a screen that will do a decent job of wind deflection even when in the lowest position.

Thanks for info.
Brent

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi Brent
Try Powerbronze http://www.powerbronze.co.uk

They do a huge range of screens for the FJR. I've bought a few screens from them over the years, good quality and service.

I got +4" light tint flip screen for £79 delivered over 2 years ago and I loved it. (still same price today) I think I remember having to phone them to get the +4" tho, does not seem to be an option on their website builder thingy. I think its in case you order a tall Black one, they won't make you one of those, light tint is as dark as they go for taller ones.

Got to be worth a visit.

Malki

·
Registered
632 Posts
innominate said:
Hi,

Looking for a decent replacement screen for the FJR.
Seen quite a few links to US sites on fjr1300.info but was wondering if there are any decent UK manufacturers around I can order from?

Basically want a screen that will do a decent job of wind deflection even when in the lowest position.

Thanks for info.
Brent
Brent,

Where do you live? I have a Cee Baileys 4" taller screen and a Vario one you could try. I live in the NW of England.

Alan

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the advice.

i live in sunny Liverpool btw.

The Cee Baileys screen was one of the ones I was looking at, seem pretty good from the description.

Is it just me, or is the standard screen (when down) the most pointless thing in the world? Seems to just fire water straight where my mouth should be..

·
Registered
361 Posts
Go for the Cee Baileys, they are nicely made and do a great job!!!
Is it just me, or is the standard screen (when down) the most pointless thing in the world? Seems to just fire water straight where my mouth should be..
Seems to me that your standard screen in the down position is not so pointless.........It's a hydration device "You should never go thirsty whilst on a ride".
Maybe you can rig up a beer drip system.....keep the hands on the bars and cruuze around havin a few beers! :twisted:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I am going on holiday in a couple of days so was going to leave it untill after that.

Is the screen specific for different years? Or is it one size fits all?

+ I am a little worried with the eagreness to get me to phone you, am I going to experience lots of heavy breathing when I call that number :wink:

·
Registered
632 Posts
Heavy breathing ? That implies excercise which I don't do....

Anyway, yes, it can wait until you get back - I hope you are going somewhere warm !

Yes, one size fits all. It's only next years model where they seem to have changed the mounting system.

I'll wait to hear from you

Alan

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well its too New York, so I'll probably be freezing my Tits off.

but still, never been before so should be an experience.
Will give you a shout when I get back.

Thanks
Brent

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If I see a screen about I may pick one up in NY, due to the extra cheapness.

Would like to try it first, even though i am already pretty sure it will do the job much better than the stock.

Would have to find somewhere with them already in stock, not over there long enough to get a screen ordered.

If you know anywhere likely to have them in NY then I could pop over and get all British on their arse ;p

·
Registered
632 Posts
Then you have to carry it back and hope it's OK because there is no way for a refund. Plus, you may be liable for UK duty.

Whereas I have one you can try - if you like it, you buy it (cheaper than NY) - if you don't, you give it back.

It's a no-brainer......

Or is it ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts