FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just surfing ,found you site looks great .

Have just traded my 87 fj1200 for a 06 fjr1300a ,what can i say feels like i just won lotto .mind you it has been raining since monday so im yet to get a good ride in .
However waiting is part of the excitement!!!!

Looking foward to social ride with some other FJ/FJR owners

so if you going for a ride drop me a line

·
Registered
113 Posts
yes time zones are important, if you want to ride with someone. I live in central Fl. U.S.A. kind of hard to ride with someone in France. by the way , welcome to the site. ride safe 8)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Well...fancy that hey! Another Queenslander :ale: :ale: :ale:
Welcome aboard mate. '06 FJR hey? Silver, Blue or Gold? You will not be disappointed with your bike mate....I traded up my "03 FJR last Month on a silver "06 FJR....and I love it!!!

I live at Springfield Lakes...not too far. I grew up around your part of the woods.

So when are we goin for a ride mate......July 8th? Have a read of :
"Next Boys day out Ride" under meetings in Australia.

Come along mate....we're riding to Esk, Toowoomba and around there.

See ya soon :wink:

Moose :ale:

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Another hi, another welcome, and as Moose says, see this thread: http://www.fjrowners.ws/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1534&start=15

Also, you are close enough to make Canungra on Saturday morning. We are often there for breakfast at the Outpost Cafe - easy to spot, the only black FJR amongst anything up to 50 bikes. There's also another FJR we meet regularly there - Peter and Jan.

See you 'round sometime.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Know the out post well what time saturday

OPP's nearly forgot Gold one

will try to make it in july

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
I might make this Saturday (alone) as Zea is at a retreat for the weekend - I'll be serving breakfast there at Camp Bornhoffen up near the Tick Gate from 7:30. I'll probably head down the mountain around 10:30 and to the Outpost for late morning coffee, and a read of the paper, but no guarantees this weekend. Maybe make a definite time for a future weekend. (I missed out 'most' Saturdays in my last post - whoops).

Actually, as I type this I think a run from the Outpost up towards O'Reilly's sounds like a good idea for Saturday if the weathers good. I usually stop at the Alpaca Cafe before O'R on the left.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Aussies get color options huh? Black would be cool. Any pics?

P.S. Futbol (Soccer) fans
Good luck against Italy, Not sure who I'll root for since we got screwed on a bogus penalty kick.

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Black, did someone ask to see a piccie of a black FJR :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PS - I have more where those came from :D :D

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
This bike looks so good in black I think it should be a color option every year. Here in the States, it would be nice to have a color option in any year!

·
Registered
170 Posts
david1300 said:
Black, did someone ask to see a piccie of a black FJR :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PS - I have more where those came from :D :D
:D Post 'em up every chance you can David :D The black does look good

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
joer6 said:
Black looks awesome! Like the yamaha emblems too.
The Yamaha emblems are a farkle I added. They are actually cut from black reflective 3M material (the same stuff used by some on the rear-facing section of their hard bags). Have a look at this piccie, taken in daylight, and see if you can pick where I have added some other 'panels' of the reflective material:

Then this piccie shows it up in the light of the flash:

You cam see the Yamaha emblem, the small strip on the fairing, the sub-frame 'arm', the chin fairing (it covers the whole chin pierc to protect it from gravel rash) and the 'Yamaha' at the bottom of the fairing (this is actually cut in silver relective, not black).

And two piccies I just like. Me out riding alone (again you can see the black reflective if you look for it):

And me out riding with myself:

OK, that's enough self-indulgence :oops: :roll: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
361 Posts
David,

I would recommend this image duplication technique on the last image ("out riding by myself") for any future speed camera fines you get. It will get you off the hook for sure...multiple vehicles in the shot?

fantastic shots Mate!!! But I'm hooked on the silver :ale:

Are you meeting up with Peterpan this weekend? or are you still seeing "TinkeBel"? :crylarf:

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
I'm commited at 6:00am tomorrow through to around 11, so, I'm planning an early lunch tomorrow at the Outpost - sometime around 11:30 or 12, then maybe a quick run around some local twisties. Will be a short day, because I need to be home by 2:30 for the afternoon commitments. I guess I'll just have to ride quickly :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts