FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum and new to the FJR... Coming off a Honda Valkyrie (which is for sale) and love my new FJR.. rode home thurs night about 80 miles and have since put on about 50 more.. butt is a little sore but I will get used to the riding position... any advice from you all out there would be appreciated.. the only thing that is bugging me is that 17 mpg reading on the lcd (instantaneous mileage) so far so good otherwise.. one last note... I thought the valk was fast... whew.. JK

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Welcome. The fix for the instant mpg bug is dash replacement. There are several threads here on it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
20valves said:
Welcome. The fix for the instant mpg bug is dash replacement. There are several threads here on it.
Or just change the display to something else and ignore it as a useless piece of info like other riders indicate. Welcome.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome JK64, I've had mine now for exactly 1 month. Got 3000+ miles so far. I put 400 miles first day I got it, had to ride home thru eastern Oklahoma and western Arkansas down to North East Texas, what a drag (ha).
I,ve been very pleased with everything on my FJR so far. That 17 MPG thing can be fixed, if you dont mind taking it in to the dealer. They will replace it. I'm not sure about the charges though, that seems to very from dealer to dealer.
You will find alot of information on this site, some very good, some of it just seems like whinning to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts