FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the Givi V46. Installation a breeze except for swapping out the lid for the colored one to match my 05...scary little pieces of plastic that I feel like are going to snap off at any moment.

Their directions on that part of the operation are sketchy to say the least...at least for one as ham-fisted as I am. Anyone have any tips/advice on that part of the process?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Yes, it is very scary.

IIRC, you hook up at the back of the box lid first, then press down at the front. You are pressing like hell and scared to death that something is gonna break, also feels that it's never gonna fit - but, it then snaps over and that's it.

Don't forget that you have to remove the black cover first.

Afterwards, wipe your brow and breathe a sigh of relief...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm still at the stage of removing the original black one. It's the little red reflector with the Givi logo that looks like it'll never survive.

Thanks for the reassurance. I'll try again when I'm fresh and patient again. :oops:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
After you have removed/loosened screws as per instructions - I think I used a large screwdriver in the end to prise the lip underneath. A pair of thumbs? - well, too tough for that I thought.

It looks like it will never come off doesn't it?. But it does, with a lot more force needed than you would reckon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rabbit1300 said:
But it does, with a lot more force needed than you would reckon.
Exactly...I finally got it!

Rabbit1300 said:
Afterwards, wipe your brow and breathe a sigh of relief....
Done.

Thanks for the reassurances....thusly emboldened, I pushed harder and it popped off. Reversing the process and putting the new one on was a breeze. And I really like the resulting look...pretty good for an aftermarket product IMHO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts