FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had an occasional problem with FJR doing a "reset" when turning on the ignition....the trip meters reset to zero and the clock resets as well. Not a major problem, but a little bit worrying.

Has anyone else seen this or got an idea of what is happening. The first time it happened the bike was hot on a hot day, but the other times it hasnt been that hot.

Last Sunday though, as well as resetting the trip meters and clock, the bike wouldn't start either. It sounded like a flat battery - the starter motor was not turning over and there was a clicking, presumably from the starter relay, lights dimmed, etc. And this was at the end of a 400 mile ride. So I went for a pint, and when I came back it started perfectly, so I turned it off and went back to my pint! The next morning and every time since it has been fine as well.

I would say an earth problem, but it is problem free for months, then has a problem, and the next turn of the key it can be fine again.

help!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oops.

Next time, search forum for an answer, then post question, rather than the other way round :oops:

It seems like it is a not uncommon FJR problem, so I am going to stop worrying and thinking "trade-in" thoughts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Was reading your first post and getting a distinct sense of deja vue. :lol:
At least you tried a search at some point though :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts