FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search but got not results..
My hubby has a 2005 FJR, and as you all know it does not have helmet locks.
What have you all done to remedy this?

TIA

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok did more searching and found this post
http://www.fjrowners.ws/discus/show.cgi?2/27310

and to be honest with you, this forum format confuses me... I think I may have read that on antoher forum for this site?????

It talks about http://www.barender.com/

anyone have any experience with these that you would like to share?
Will it work with the 2005?
and will it interfere with the heated grips hubby had installed prior to delivery?

MAHALO!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
There was another thread on this topic on the old site.
Someone had developed a metal tongue that was mounted under the saddle that would secure a helmet using the ignition key to remove the saddle.
Someone else suggested using double sided velcro (available at local hardware store for organizing extension cords), also mounted under the saddle.

I did the velcro mod this last weekend (or one similar to it, I didn't go digging for the original post). Works great! Cost $5.00 & I had enough left over to wrap my extra cords :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Found that the cable locks that are used on pcs to stop them getting stolen works well fits under the seat and the cable has a plastic coating over which saves scratchs. :idea:

·
Registered
15 Posts
helmet lock

The lidloc is a good idea... as long as you have your bags on... which is about 50% of the time for me. Thats why I designed a solution for underseat attachment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Helmet Lock

I have installed a Helmet House aftermarket helmet lock on my Givi mount for the trunk. It is mounted on the part of the bracket that is at about a 45 degree angle, next to the passenger seat. I also use a T bar on the chin strap, which makes using it a snap. I have not seen a better solution. It is like having the helmet lock that Yamaha should have put on the bike in the first place.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I made up two aluminum brackets that bolt up to the inner, lower rear sub frame bolts. I then bolted up two Helmet Guardian locks (one right side, one left side) after getting them re-keyed to match the ignition key. Very easy install, looks stock and requires no modifications to the bike. I sell the brackets (no locks) single or in pairs. It does NOT fit the 2006 model. For further info, pictures, please e-mail me direct @ [email protected]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: Helmet lock

FJRMaineiac said:
For a *really* inexpensive, yet effective solution, try this out:

http://www.robertmichaud.com/html/helmet__hook__.html

I have been using this for over a year, and it works great. Sometimes (most times) simple = better.

IMHO.
YMMV

etc.

Good luck
From your lead, I bought some straps from Lowes and laced them up as you show last summer. What a GREAT idea! Thanks! I've also found many other uses for these straps, organizing cables, cords, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts