FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

What Do You Miss The Most?

• wife

• kids

• America

• Your First Bike

• Your First Crush

• The 80's

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Biking Viking - "Honestly took maybe 5 min to type out what I was thinking at the time. I'm not in this world to impress anyone. You don't like me and or my sense of humor it's all good. I live life with the how ya doing keep it moving state of mind. No negative energy required."

While I appreciate humor in all forms, I've got a warped sense myself. While you weren't "going for racially charged overtones" it came off that way and some may and/or will be offended. Just be careful of crossing the line.

We're good.
I wasn't looking or asking for permission just wanted to be clear, and to be Frank this is probably the last response you'll get from me. While I appreciate the fact people have opinions insert anus joke here... I will make my own choices thank you. The nice thing is you also have the choice not to respond or read and quite easily move on with your life. Have a nice day!

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
Wasn't giving permission. Wasn't making choices for you. Just offering friendly advice.

Reactions: BIKING VIKING 5150

·
Registered
2009 FJR 1300AE
638 Posts
How do you like the AE model?
Absolutely love it. At first I still went to grab the clutch when coming to a stop at a red light. Lol. The AE was instrumental in my return to two wheel life an accident with a power saw in 1987 left me unable to operate a clutch with my left hand. After more than a 20 year hiatus thanks to my brother in law I discovered the AE in 2009, the rest is history. I especially loved it when I was stuck in traffic while commuting to and from work in NYC. 😁

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Absolutely love it. At first I still went to grab the clutch when coming to a stop at a red light. Lol. The AE was instrumental in my return to two wheel life an accident with a power saw in 1987 left me unable to operate a clutch with my left hand. After more than a 20 year hiatus thanks to my brother in law I discovered the AE in 2009, the rest is history. I especially loved it when I was stuck in traffic while commuting to and from work in NYC. 😁
Wow this never even crossed my mind... A machine that restored a passion once lost due to injury. Thank you. Amazing story... Well done sir!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
So....... Is it just me?
I have left mouse traps and felt kind of guilty when I would find them alive and screaming.
Now I'm going to find a way to turn the little fuckers into pop corn with some Nikola Tesla 120V.
Warning!!!!!!! Not For The Faint Of Heart Warning!!!!!!
Grey Wood Electrical wiring Rectangle Gas
Motor vehicle Gas Automotive air manifold Auto part Vehicle
Motor vehicle Wood Auto part Metal Automotive wheel system
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Gas
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Motorcycle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Alloy wheel Gas

Grey Wood Electrical wiring Rectangle Gas
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Gas

·
Registered
2003 FJR1300R / 2007 Husq SMR 510
375 Posts
That air filter...horror movie stuff.
For only $100 though the aluminum is worth more.
If you know what you are doing which you seem like you do, that's just a lot of cleaning and wrenching.
Will surely be impressive to see that thing start and run though. I'm staying tuned.
You should make a project thread where you show the steps along the way.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
10,628 Posts
Wow.... I see rusty bits, what's the history, was this parked outside with no cover?
Anyway, I'm sure it will all clean up eventually.

Reactions: BIKING VIKING 5150

·
Registered
2009 FJR 1300AE
638 Posts
So....... Is it just me?
I have left mouse traps and felt kind of guilty when I would find them alive and screaming.
Now I'm going to find a way to turn the little fuckers into pop corn with some Nikola Tesla 120V.
Warning!!!!!!! Not For The Faint Of Heart Warning!!!!!! View attachment 85344 View attachment 85345 View attachment 85346 View attachment 85347 View attachment 85348 View attachment 85349
View attachment 85344 View attachment 85347
Justifiable Homicide/Mouseicide. :eek:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Delivered Whiskey, Beer and Smokes to a" MAN DOWN!!! " riding buddy
One shower valve repaired ☑
One Domestic water heater installed☑
" Plumbing tech tip for the day Bradford White water heaters are MERICA made and the best bang for the bucks" ☑☑
CHEERS FAM !!!! & HAPPY FRIDAY !!!! WE MADE IT AGAIN. Going to wish everyone a safe riding weekend.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Delivered Whiskey, Beer and Smokes to a" MAN DOWN!!! " riding buddy
One shower valve repaired ☑
One Domestic water heater installed☑
" Plumbing tech tip for the day Bradford White water heaters are MERICA made and the best bang for the bucks" ☑☑
CHEERS FAM !!!! & HAPPY FRIDAY !!!! WE MADE IT AGAIN. Going to wish everyone a safe riding weekend.
I prefer Navian always hot as college girls take long ass showers but they are definitely not "bang for your buck"... unless you include the banging and then they are worth their weight in gold.
I will still get behind a Made In America product all day.
Get working on that rocket!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I prefer Navian always hot as college girls take long ass showers but they are definitely not "bang for your buck"... unless you include the banging and then they are worth their weight in gold.
I will still get behind a Made In America product all day.
Get working on that rocket!
"NAVIEN" is absolutly a great unit. But it is a thankless unit and if you like spending 5k. 2.5k for the thankless unit. 1k for a sparky to get some 120v and dedicated circuit. Then 1k for a plumber to install as well as spend $400 a year servicing it. "YouTube don't pay a plumber (Unless you live in then Bay Area then yes call a plumber I.e. me)
but then you have to still put up with the cold slug of water every time you first turn Actuate hahah the HOT valve.

BRADFORD WHITE ULTRA LOW NOX INSTALL WITH A WATTS RECIRC INSTALL
All Parts Labor And 10yr Warranty $2000.00
Watts Recirculation pump allows you to have constant hot water instantly throughout the house.
BANG FOR BUCK MY GOOD SIR... MUST I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL????
JUST KIDDING SHHHH. LETS SEE WHO WE CAN TROLL

·
Registered
375 Posts
Gadget Material property Gas Communication Device Font

Sadly most of them run close to 4K now out the box.
Forget about a sparky, if you can’t do that yourself then you shouldn’t own tools.
Electricity Electrical wiring Motor vehicle Gas Electrical supply

And you don’t have to be a genius to do plumbing, you don’t even need to graduate high school.
The cold shit at the beginning does suck though but my Italian radiators make the cold NY nights a lot more tolerable.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome to the forum @BIKING VIKING 5150 . The FJR community has a long history of being thick skinned for the most part. Fucktards will be fuctards. So don't be a fucktard. ;) You'll fit in just fine here.

Do check the VIN sticker for the year. As said, '08 US bikes were black. Yamaha US has a thing about blue... so you're in good company what ever year it is. Gen I was '00('03 in the US) to '05. Gen II went from '06 to '12, so you've got a wide selection of parts out there if you need them. RAyzerman is ok, he just gets a little man crush now and then. :LOL:

Keep at it and keep sharing the progress and pitfalls. Looks like pulling the throttle bodies and a little flexhone of those bores might be in order, but maybe not.

When you get the old girl running, just a warning, downshifting from 5th to 3rd and whacking the throttle engages the Alcubierre drive, folds time and space and leaves that dude in the old pickup wondering what the hell just happened.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
10,628 Posts
I recall recently a gent posted up he cleaned up the TB's and throttle plates with some abrasive paper..... ruined the TB's and plates as they no longer close tight.... just a thought..........

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
21 - 40 of 40 Posts