FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

What Do You Miss The Most?

• wife

• kids

• America

• Your First Bike

• Your First Crush

• The 80's

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm the new guy-
Just picked up a 08 FJR for $100.00.
It was locked away for a few years worse then O.J. after killing his wife.
So with that said this is my current project.
Rats and other animals made this poor bike home for the past 5 years.
I served them with eviction notices with some good old white privilege high pressure h20.
So as I have spent 6hr with a shop VAC removing what I thought was tootsie roll Mini "didn't taste like it"
I have determined the bike needs NEW!$$$$$$$$$
1. Varicose veins "wire harness "
2. AAA battery
3. Complete fluid change.
4. The wonderful world of I don't fucking know yet..
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

I will update as i truck along. This will end in internal combustion GLORY!!!!!! or a insurance claim..... so let me know if you have questions.
P.S. I'm kind of a bike/car guy. I have built and rebuildedded many of different types of bikes, cars, truck and forklifts. I only bring this up because I would like to be of help to the community
From garage hell, into twist of the wrist gasoline burning piston pumping life FJR1300 or BUST

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 FJR1300R / 2007 Husq SMR 510
380 Posts
Hi I'm the new guy-
Just picked up a 08 FJR for $100.00.
It was locked away for a few years worse then O.J. after killing his wife.
So with that said this is my current project.
Rats and other animals made this poor bike home for the past 5 years.
I served them with eviction notices with some good old white privilege high pressure h20.
So as I have spent 6hr with a shop VAC removing what I thought was tootsie roll Mini "didn't taste like it"
I have determined the bike needs NEW!$$$$$$$$$
1. Varicose veins "wire harness "
2. AAA battery
3. Complete fluid change.
4. The wonderful world of I don't fucking know yet.. View attachment 85318 View attachment 85319
I will update as i truck along. This will end in internal combustion GLORY!!!!!! or a insurance claim..... so let me know if you have questions.
P.S. I'm kind of a bike/car guy. I have built and rebuildedded many of different types of bikes, cars, truck and forklifts. I only bring this up because I would like to be of help to the community
From garage hell, into twist of the wrist gasoline burning piston pumping life FJR1300 or BUST
We're going to be friends. Welcome to the club! Just try not to get rid of all those other bikes after your first FJR ride ;)

·
Premium Member
2006 FJR1300 AS - Orion The Hunter
954 Posts
This will probably get me in trouble, but here goes...

I am really excited about this project! I really enjoy bringing bikes back, from their past and look forward to this project.

But I could do without all the racist shit.

This is an FJR Forum, not Truth Social...

I await the slings and arrows...

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts

I am really excited about this project! I really enjoy bringing bikes back, from their past and look forward to this project.

I'm right there with ya. Tried a little to hard to make a first impression. Tasteless.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
10,628 Posts
Welcome!! Maybe we have something in common, lol...... take a peek

Reactions: BIKING VIKING 5150

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I wasn't going for racially charged overtones. It was just a satirical retrospect of the times we find ourselves in. No arrows just whiskey and goodtimes, If I wanted to enjoy the wonderful world of virtual jousting I would have joined Twitter lol ...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome!! Maybe we have something in common, lol...... take a peek

Two men in a boat headed down whiskey river with no paddles 🤣😂

·
Registered
101 Posts

someone is wound a little too tight.

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Biking Viking - "Honestly took maybe 5 min to type out what I was thinking at the time. I'm not in this world to impress anyone. You don't like me and or my sense of humor it's all good. I live life with the how ya doing keep it moving state of mind. No negative energy required."

While I appreciate humor in all forms, I've got a warped sense myself. While you weren't "going for racially charged overtones" it came off that way and some may and/or will be offended. Just be careful of crossing the line.

We're good.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
10,628 Posts
Two men in a boat headed down whiskey river with no paddles 🤣😂
Sorry bud, I got my paddles and jumped. You're floating alone now while I cheer from the sidelines..... here's what it looked like when I was done with it.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

1 - 20 of 40 Posts