FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all new member, I just purchased my first FJR, it is a 2005 with 15k miles, you can guess the color. I live in the Texas Hill Country northwest of San Antonio so lots of good riding to be had. If anyone else is in the area give me a shout.
Been riding for about 55 years now and this is my first sport touring bike. I expect this to be a much different riding experience then my old KLR was. My first order of business will be to purchase a top case for it but I’ll post that in the right place.
I look forward to learning more about this bike and sharing experiences with y’all.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I actually purchased my FJR from a gentleman in Caldwell, Texas (in case that is anywhere close to you in Hill Country!).
and had it shipped up to MinneSNOWta in late October 2020. The day after it arrived it snowed 5 inches. I was glad to have paid for the shipping
as I would not have enjoyed the ride back home through the snow storm.

Reactions: P-Ratt and Drgibson

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello all new member, I just purchased my first FJR, it is a 2005 with 15k miles, you can guess the color. I live in the Texas Hill Country northwest of San Antonio so lots of good riding to be had. If anyone else is in the area give me a shout.
Been riding for about 55 years now and this is my first sport touring bike. I expect this to be a much different riding experience then my old KLR was. My first order of business will be to purchase a top case for it but I’ll post that in the right place.
I look forward to learning more about this bike and sharing experiences with y’all.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the Forum. I actually purchased my FJR from a gentleman in Caldwell, Texas (in case that is anywhere close to you in Hill Country!).
and had it shipped up to MinneSNOWta in late October 2020. The day after it arrived it snowed 5 inches. I was glad to have paid for the shipping
as I would not have enjoyed the ride back home through the snow storm.
Thank you! Caldwell is about 150 miles from me on the other side of Austin. Not near as hilly in that area. I have a brother-in-law in Minneapolis.

·
Registered
'05 FJR, non-ABS
235 Posts
Welcome aboard, Drgibson.
You have chosen well ;)... and at 15K, it's just a baby!
I've had my '05 for 8 yrs now and I'll probably keep it forever (and just about to hit 80K with goal to hit 100K).
Very knowledgeable forum here.
Regards,
Mr. BR

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Welcome! I'm by Leon Springs - home of the Original Rudy's. If you want to try riding/volunteering as a motorcycle marshal at bicycling events (Ride to the River, LBJ 100) I'd be happy to hook you up.

My 2005 has a Shad topcase with Admore lights. If you ever want to take a gander, tell me. You might want to put in a Garauld Stiffy before you put on your topcase to minimize damage to your bike if you ever overload your topcase. The rear subframe isn't as strong as anyone would like.

Reactions: Drgibson

·
Registered
FJR Virgin
16 Posts
Howdy from Bryan, TX! (~20 min from Caldwell)

I was in Kerrville for a conference a couple of weekends back. 900 mile weekend including 300 miles of the Sisters one day. Love that Hill Country atmosphere!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome! I've been reading on this forum for months so to keep with the southern spirt I will join in since I'm close to the hill country (New Braunfels). Been riding since it was legal for me to do so and now my 06 FJR is my only set of motor powered tires. Maybe some weekend we will cross paths, till then enjoy the better roads west of the great divide, imo that is I-35.

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Howdy from Bryan, TX! (~20 min from Caldwell)

I was in Kerrville for a conference a couple of weekends back. 900 mile weekend including 300 miles of the Sisters one day. Love that Hill Country atmosphere!
You've got an FJR neighbor. I just sold my Laam seat to somebody in Bryan TX. (y)

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Interesting. There's a handful of FJR's in town, but I've only met 1 from this forum.
Actually I just realized he was on another FJR forum. I've shipped 3 things this week and got them confused.

Reactions: P-Ratt
1 - 20 of 20 Posts