FJR Owners Forum banner

Hello from NE Saskatchewan

805 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  rbentnail 
#1 ·
Hello! Sold all my bikes (Beemers) when I moved from M/C paradise (BC) to SK - where the twisties are few and very.far.between (whaaa!). I'm a boomer and though older than dirt, my riding days aren't over! Just bought (2 days ago) a 2005 FJR w/ABS. So many scratches on the Galaxy Blue paint - sinners! But it runs pretty fine. Idle is too high (about 1200-1500). And I gotta check what gen of CCT I have (scared to look!). Only 33K kms on this one so she's just broken in. It has the National touring windshield which works for me (I like an open-faced helmet). Stock grips need changing as does the seat. So what oil should I put in it? Lol - seriously, will Motul disable my clutch? The Owner's Manual has some scary warnings about the oil (and tires!). As if you couldn't run Pirelli 'Angels' on this rocket ship!

I welcome any and all feedback - 35 years of Boilermaking (finally made it to the Big R) - I've pretty much heard too much!

Hope to have a long and fun relationship with this beauty, my first Yamaha. Hope not to P/O anyone off on this forum (old-man-syndrome)...at least you'll never have to sniff my farts! :wink2:

Shiny side up! Remember, everyone else on the road 'might be' trying to hurt you!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Hot Damm you mean!

Lol! Is the hyper-politeness? Or perhaps it's our pretty-boy leader - either way - we're the Great White North! :laugh:

#4 ·
Thanks, warmin' my cockles you are :)

#6 ·
Ha, you're in the Great White North, more like Winterpeg. I'm on a latitude with southern Oregon, Idaho or Wyoming... A few on other forums tease about "those damned Canadians". Proud to be one, nowhere I'd rather be. Living in the Great White North means July and August are just two months of bad hockey, EH!

#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.