FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody and hopefuly we will be talking a lot!

I am a new member from Greece and I am hoping to buy a used FJR.

I've heard that in some countries the FJR motors are "closed" and only have about 90HP.Is that true?
If it is true, how can I find out if the one I am ready to buy is "closed" or "opened" and what model it is. The person who is selling it told me that it is a 2004 model.Is that true?

The only information that I have is the frame number (JYARP086000001746) and the motor number (P507E).

Could you please help me out?

Best regards
Mel

·
Registered
60 Posts
Restricted FJR

It is really easy to open them up to full power the restriction is in the rubbers between the cylinder head and the throttle bodies. you either cut out the restriction or fit non restrictrd rubbers . Whole job took a morning and thats with cutting the rubbers There is talk about the ECU being different but mine gose fine now with just the restrictors removed easy 140mph two up with luggage :D
To find ou where the bikes is from contact Yamaha in your country, quote the VIN number of the bike you want to buy and they will tell you weather its a full power model or not
regards
Esme

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Re: Restricted FJR

Esmerelda said:
To find ou where the bikes is from contact Yamaha in your country, quote the VIN number of the bike you want to buy and they will tell you weather its a full power model or not
Or, if it won't wheelie in first gear, it's French. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've already called yamaha in Greece and they couldn't tell because they couldn't find the numbers.

But thanks everybody!!!

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
There is a white sticker under the seat on the sub-frame with some letters on it which denotes the model & country.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I WILL FIND OUT ABOUT THE STICKER AND WILL POST THE LETTERS. I HOPE THAT WILL HELP ME & YOU OUT.
THANKS AGAIN

1 - 11 of 11 Posts