FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.. Well, just a few quick questions: I currently have an '05 Ducati Multistrada 1000DS. It's tall and kills my a$$ even with a replacement Sargent saddle. So.. 1.) how's the '06 FJR seat height and comfort? 2.) will I really scrape the pegs around corners? I had a BMW R1200C that cornered like a brick and don't want to go back that way. It appears I may be lucky enough to be taking delivery in 2 weeks or so on the FJR. I didn't pre-order, but someone cancelled and I was in the right place at the right time. I must admit, the more I see the pics and read the literature, I'm pretty intrigued. My wife keeps telling my I'm obsessed. I ride with a bunch that lean towards European bikes. So, they think I'm going over to the dark side. I used to have a Katana 600 and had no problem keeping up with the Duc super bikes they have. I found it laughable that my little $5000 Kat thought it was a Duc. Of course every one whose ridden for a very long time knows that experiance can make up for HP in the twisties. Anyway, It'll be a pleasure to join the FJR ranks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Welcome, fanblade! You'll surely find everything you wanted to know about the FJR right here.

Oh and BTW......you just left the dark side. Don't forget to remind your buddies of that small fact. :wink:
Randy

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Yeah, you'll probably be scraping the pegs, but when the feelers are worn down to the pegs just replace them. The weight difference may be where you notice the biggest difference in the twisties. I don't recall the weight and hp/torque figures of the multistrada, but I doubt you're buddies will be leaving you too far behind. If you want a comfortable bike that can handle the twisties and the straights all day long, you've come to the right place. Welcome.

Glenn

1 - 3 of 3 Posts